Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Weekend Lamp

I have had this lamp for 18 or 19 years. I remember I got it in Jr. High, but I don't remember which year. Can you think of anything you have had for that long? It's probably few things and certainly not a lava lamp.

I'm not sure what possessed me to keep it around for so long. There were many years that it didn't get used and it sat in my parents garage. Then one of my years out here in Utah I thought about it and decided I wanted it again. Thank goodness my parents didn't get rid of it. So I brought it back to Utah with me. It had it's moments where I thought it was a goner. But I have managed to bring it back to life each time. My dad recently just fixed it again. I have had it this long... can't give up on it now.

It started out as a trendy thing, but it is a Tracy thing. It's the weekend lamp. Every Friday when I get home from work, I turn it on... and it stays on until Sunday night when I go to bed. It literally represents the weekend, and it's weird... I know, but I love it. I hope the lamp lives on for many more years!



No comments: