Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Friday, March 17, 2017

Blue Lagoon, Iceland


One of the most popular things to do in Iceland is soak in the Blue Lagoon. It is kind of pricey, but it is beautiful and I felt like it was worth experiencing.

It is a man made hot spring... but it luxury and relaxing. Every blog I read about Iceland said to have it be the last thing before going to the airport... so that is what we did.


There are different packages you can get. The first is just an entrance fee. The next package up is the one I decided I wanted. Entrance fee, plus the use of one of their towels (so I didn't have to pack a wet town on my way to the airport) and a free drink at the Bar in the Hot Spring  AND a mud ask & algae mask.



I choose a fruit smoothie for my free drink. I drank while I soaked. It was nice. Then you put the mud mask on first. Leave it on for 10 minutes, rinse it off and then put on the algae mask. I left the algae mask on for the rest of the hour that I was there and rinsed it off right before I got out. My face was so soft. Felt amazing. Of course after they have a gift shop where they hope you will buy this stuff. Reminded me of the Dead Sea. Does amazing things for your skin... but it is SOOOO expensive. If I had problems with my skin I may consider it.




The rest of the time I just sat back and relaxed. Taking in my last hours in Iceland. The Blue Lagoon, although man made, is magical and doesn't feel man made. It is the perfect temperature, it's clean, your skin feels amazing after. I really enjoyed it. The very last pic is one that my friend Allison M. took on her trip to Iceland shortly after mine. I loved the way she captured it. What a wonderful place. I see why it has all the hype.



No comments: