Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 249

Last weekend we totally dedicated to the ward Christmas party. Friday night we shopped at Costco for all the food and extra stuff we needed. We stayed up until 2am crafting the decorations for the party. It all paid off though because the party, though it was a TON of work and we barely got it all done in time, was a total success. I'm still getting compliments from people on how awesome it was and how the decorations were amazing. WORTH IT. It is nice to have all of that done. Now I can just relax. This week really has been more relaxing. Not as busy at work either.

Can I tell you how much I love having a bigger car. It totally came in handy for the ward party. I put it to use... so I bought that car just in time. It is nice to be able to take care of things myself instead of trying to find someone with a larger vehicle.

I got my Italy and Greece book in the mail. Now I am all caught up on books! Hooray! Now I just need to make that video and I am done with projects for that trip. I brought all of my books in to work to share. I like that people enjoy looking at the books that I made. I put so much work into them, it's nice to share with people that are genuinely interested. My co-workers are nice. I know that my family enjoys seeing them too. I am really happy with how they all turned out though.

The weather has continued to be amazing. Tomorrow is December 12th and it is supposed to be 59 degrees. I feel like I'm back home in Santa Barbara for winter. It's nice. I love it. I know it won't last forever, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts. When the snow does come, I will be in a car that can handle it. That will be nice.

I ordered something in the mail. When it came I totally laughed. I have never seen a package with so many stamps on it before. Was this necessary? I don't know... but I thought it was kind of awesome.


I still need to sell my old car. That will be a relief when that is done. I did finally get all the junk and trash out of it and take off my race stickers and my Tracy license plate frame that was given to me so many years ago. I also got the folder with the title and all the info on the car out. Now I just need to clean the car inside and out and put it on KSL or something. Although my co-worker may have a friend that wants to buy it. That would be nice... then I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of putting it all up online. Hopefully that pans out. We shall see.

I also needed insurance on my new car. I only have my old car insured. When I took my co-worker (Tyler) for a ride in my new car and he asked me about the insurance, he freaked out and lectured me when I told him I didn't have any yet. I mean... it has only been a week, but I get it. It was on my list of things to do, but he just pushed it to the top of my list. I have my insurance with Geico right now and it's just liability because my car is old. I figured with a new car and full coverage, my insurance would go up quite a bit. Tyler told me to call GMI Insurance and they would find me the cheapest deal. So I did. I went in that day and guess what? They DID get me a better deal. A way better deal. In fact my new car is now insured with FULL coverage... towing and rental car if my car is in the shop and everything and you know how much my insurance went up from what I was paying with Geico? Nothing. In fact, I am paying less than I was with Geico on my old car with just liability on my new car with full coverage. It blows my mind. Thank you Bear River Insurance. It also helps that I haven't had any tickets or accidents in the last 5 + years. I don't think Bear River takes everyone or maybe they don't give as good of a deal. I don't know. They made it sound like it was easy for me because of my record. Either way... I'm glad that with my new car I will be paying less than I was before. That was a VERY pleasant surprise.

It was funny when I went in to sign the papers though. They ask you questions to see what kind of rate they can get you on insurance. One of the questions they ask you is if you are married or single. I answer single. It is interesting how conversation goes after that. I get a lot of "Wow... you do not look 31". "I can't believe a pretty girl like you is still single". "Why are you still single" this guy however went straight into conversation about how he is in a bishopric in his ward and how they don't know what to do with their older singles and how so many older singles are total weirdos and stuck in their ways. It's a good thing I am not easily offended. I mean... he wasn't talking about me. I'm one of the normal older singles I guess. I just don't know how these conversations happen to me no matter where I go or who I talk to or what I'm trying to accomplish. Maybe because I'm outgoing and so open about it. Maybe this happens to all older singles. Either way... it just makes me laugh that it is such an interesting topic for married people to have with single people. I look forward to the day that I am no longer having these conversations.

I kind of volunteered myself to be in a small group musical number this Sunday for the Christmas program. As soon as I showed up to practice and I saw who was in the room I wished that I hadn't and I wanted to back out. I'm a little bit of a choir snob. Does that make me a bad person? I should have a better attitude about singing in church and should be happy that whoever wants to sing is willing to sing. I just can't though. My ear is too trained. It was kind of a disaster when I first showed up. they said "We think we want to do Oh Holy Night. We want to get someone that plays by ear to play and then we will all just make up harmony". Now... I think my face showed the horror I felt when they were talking. I'm not good at hiding my emotions. Don't get me wrong... some people could pull that off... maybe. I still don't recommend it for a sacrament program, but this group... no. Also, Oh Holy Night is one of my favorite Christmas songs. I couldn't be a part in butchering it. In the nicest way that I knew how, I took charge and told them I had music and made this random group with a varying musical talents work enough that I could feel good about singing in it. Hopefully I saved it. We will find out on Sunday.

Work has been slow and I have been watching Christmas movies. There are not as many Christmas movies on Netflix this year (sad) so I have been watching other movies too. In fact, I watched "Small Town Christmas" which is a new Christmas movie this year, and I noticed it had Dean Cain in it. He was my celebrity crush in Jr. High when I was obsessed with Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman. He is not quite as sexy as he was 20 years ago... but I'm not going to lie, he has aged well. Anyway... I got on a Dean Cain kick and I have been watching some of his movies on Netflix. There are a couple of good ones. There was one about Pro Life and a really cute one about an Autistic boy on a baseball team that Dean Cain coaches called "A mile in his shoes" I think. That one was the best so far I think. Turns out... Dean Cain has done a lot of those types of movies over the years. I just haven't been keeping up with him. His film career didn't die after he stopped being Superman. I'm glad... even if it is just made for tv movies.

I have also been eating more sugar than I should. It's just so hard. There is so much at work... and well... pretty much everywhere you go. This is the time of year that all of my co-workers give treats to each other as Christmas gifts. I need to think of what I am going to give. Anyway... hopefully by the new year I'm going to be all sugared out and want to be strict again with diet and exercise. At least  I went to Pilates on Monday. Also I'm glad I'm not sick anymore. That lingered for like a week. Anyway... speaking of sugar... it's not easy staying away from sugar when I live with my roommates either. We all love sugar. We also all love Sodalicious.... a lot. Last night we all went. Kenzie and I both got a soda AND a lava (Italian hot chocolate) because we were wanting to try it. When I got home I realized how pathetic we look....


1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

I'm giving people soap instead of treats this year. For real, from Bath and Body works.

We watched Home Alone with the kids today, I totally forgot about that Christmas movie. Asher is the same age as Macauly Culkin in that movie... crazy town.

The package with all the stamps looks way cool.