Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Monday, December 22, 2014

Dinner & BYU Basketball Game


My dear friend Wes text me last a few days ago and wanted to wish me a late happy birthday and take me out to dinner and to the BYU basketball game on Saturday and catch up since we had not seen each other in 2 years!! We couldn't believe we let that much time go by without seeing each other and catching up when we were so close. I guess that is what moving a half hour away does to you.

I suggested we go eat at the Riverwoods since I love all of the lights they have up all year round, but especially at Christmas. We ate at Macaroni Grill and caught up on what has been going on in each other's lives for the past two years. It was like old times and like it was just yesterday that we talked. Then we walked around the Riverwoods checking out the lights before we headed over to BYU for the game.


We got to the game a little early and were in the student section, so we actually had amazing seats. I'm not that into watching sports, but I can get into it when I am at the game... even though I didn't go to BYU and don't have a ton of BYU pride... especially to be sitting in the student section where people have THE MOST pride.


My favorite thing was that Elder Bednar was there, so every time someone made a free throw, they would say "swoosh, Bednar" and it took a while for Elder Bednar to catch on, but as soon as he did, every time they said it he gave everyone a big thumbs up. It was cute. It's hard to see in this picture below, but if you look close, I got a picture of him giving the thumbs up.


 It was fun. It was a great game. BYU won. Wes and I had fun cheering and singing the fight song.



SO glad I got to hang out with Wes. It has been WAY too long. So happy we are friends. Thanks Wes for treating me to such a fun night! Let's not wait 2 years to do it again.


1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

Awesome! I love Riverwoods too during the holidays. This whole post in fact is making me want to go back to Utah, dang it.