Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Banana Bars


I made Cinnamon rolls for my family General Conference weekend and had a lot of leftover icing. I was scrolling through Pinterest and these banana bars popped up and I saw that the icing was pretty much the same.... so I decided to give these a try. I know... a really weird reason to try a recipee, but I also like banana. Also it was an easy recipe. I love easy recipes. So here it is!

Banana Bars

For the Bars:
* 1/2 cup butter, melted
* 1 cup light brown sugar
* 1 egg
* 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1 cup flour
* 1/2 cup mashed banana (1 medium banana)

For the Frosting:
* 4 oz butter, softened
* 4oz cream cheese, softened
* 2 cups powdered sugar
* 1 tsp vanilla


Directions:

-For the bars: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8x8 baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.

- In a bowl or stand mixer combine melted butter and sugar. Mix until combined. Add in egg and vanilla and continue mixing until incorporated. Stir in salt, flour and banana until batter is smooth and even. Spread in prepared dish.

- Bake for 25-30 monies until center is set. Transfer dish to wire rack to cool. Frost the bars when they are cooled.

- For the frosting. In a large bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer. With the mixer on low speed, add the powdered sugar a cup at a time until smooth and creamy. Beat in the vanilla.

- Serve the bars either at room temperature or chilled (I prefer chilled). Keep leftovers in the fridge.




No comments: