Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Michael Jackson Party

Two of my favorite people in the ward had a birthday a day apart from each other. This means one combine awesome birthday party for Jess and Darrell. Last year (before I knew and became good friends with Darrell) I threw a birthday party for Jess. It was pretty rockin.  However, this year... twice the people twice the fun. We all like Michael Jackson and it also happens to be around the anniversary of his death... so I had the idea to throw a Michael Jackson themed birthday party.

What helped my final decision to throw a Michael Jackson themed birthday party is that Jess has "The Michael Jackson Experience" on the Wii. For those of you who don't know what that is... its a game where you dance like Michael Jackson. They have danced from the real music video. It's AWESOME!! Everyone really got into it and had fun and cheered for everyone that played. I love that game.


Here is the birthday boy and girl. The reason for the party. Celebrating the life of two awesome people.


Dressing up like Michael Jackson was encouraged but not required. As it turns out... Jess and I were the only ones that dressed up. Here is my Michael Jackson outfit. It would have been perfect if I would have had sparkly socks and dancing shoes.



Of course there had to be a rockin cake. I had a vision. I printed a picture from the internet and my friends Leanne & Sara helped put together the cake with fondant. I love how it turned out.


They also helped out with the party by making amazing sugar cookies. Half of which were in the shape of gloves... that we made sparkly. Awesome right? I thought so.


Then there was the table spread. This is the part that I love. I was really excited about this one because I labeled the food after Michael Jackson songs. Amazingly I had all of MJ's CD's so I was able to display them on the table as well. I was really happy with how it turned out. Especially since it was put together VERY quickly and I didn't have a lot of time to plan it. Amazing what you can put together at the last minute.



Me with my birthday buddies! Happy Birthday to Jessica & Darrell. Hope it was a great birthday!


4 comments:

flux biota. said...

i super like the idea of a michael jackson party. well done party, missy.

jamie hixon said...

Ok, seriously. This is awesome! Your outfit is great, your cake idea/execution is amazing, the idea to name all of the treats after MJ songs.... just the whole thing. And I'm sure it was so fun to play the wii game. LOVE IT! I want to go to an MJ party!!

A Little Cuppa Tea said...

Love it and congrats by getting it picked up on Tip Junkie!

Marinski said...

This is awesome, thank you so much! My son is having his golden birthday, he's turning 5 and he LOVES MJ! I actually ordered a hand shaped cookie cutter, I thought it would be awesome to make a pair of shoes like his for a pinata (not quite sure how i'll pull that one off yet), I am buying music note confetti and decorations from the party store but still needed some ideas! Thanks so much, you really got my wheels spinning now!