Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Broken Mirror Art

It has been FAR too long since I have done a craft! So... its time. I saw this idea on a blog (of course) and had told my good friend Desiree about it and she decided she wanted to do it with me. When Desiree came and visited me in my ward a little while back, we ran into another friend that was in the ward before Desiree got married. Jesse. Jesse heard us talking about crafts and wanted in on the action. So we planned it.
To save us a little time we all got all of the supplies that we needed before we got together to craft. This was great except that Jesse and I didn't have time to get a mirror (which is key in this project) so we did a quick (not as quick as we planned) Ross run to get a cheap mirror. We got a HUGE mirror which Jesse and I shared for the project. Desiree had already gotten her own.

What we needed for the project?
Caulk Guns
Liquid Nails
Piece of Wood
Paint (color of choice) and brush
AND
a Mirror

Here we are with our Caulk Guns. We are ready to get to business with this project!


This is our "Before" picture. See how happy and excited we are?


First we painted our wood.


Then We broke our mirror's.


The the rest of the time (which was a lot) was spent picking which broken mirror pieces we wanted on our wood and how we were going to arrange it. It was kind of like a puzzle. It was kind of fun, but tiring. As soon as we finally arranged everything how we wanted it... we had to glue each piece to the wood. It was hard to know which piece we had already glued. ha ha.

I love how each one turned out though. I love that they are all so different but so great in their own ways. This is how art should be.

Here is Desiree's. She tired to put hers together just like it broke.


Here is Jesse's. I like that she didn't fill up her entire piece of wood. Very artsy!


Then here is mine. I also like how mine turned out... although I stared at it for so long that night that I wasn't sure. ha ha. But I think it will look great in the room that I am decorating.


Here we all are with our Broken Mirror Art creations. it was a little time consuming (so we were pretty tired at the end of the night)... but all in all a fun project. It is different too. I have never seen anyone with something like this in their home. I like different decorative pieces. Another craft night success! Hopefully many more to come. I have been missing my crafts. :o)

8 comments:

Lauren Graff said...

That is awesome! I love how artsy/crafty you are!! So talented! That looked like fun I love girl friends!

Lynette Mills said...

I've never seen anything like it Tracy... can't wait to see it displayed in your house.

Karen Ella said...

Wow! Those are beautiful! My roommates and I did something similar with plates for a frame once, but I LOVE the mirrors...

Kayleigh said...

Those are cool!

:]

Lori said...

That turned out really neat! What a cool idea, love it. Do you have to be worried about cutting yourself?

Tracy said...

Maybe a little? But I didn't cut myself while making it. I'm not too worried about it.

jamie hixon said...

That last picture looks like a crime scene.
That is way cool. I think it could make a cool headboard for a bed.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to start making things