Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Monday, October 24, 2011

Sweeney Todd Party

I love Tim Burton films. When Sweeney Todd came out, I went and saw it and I loved it. Some people think I am weird because I love it because it is pretty morbid. I admit, I can't watch the slitting of throats. I turn my head. However, I love the rest of the movie. It's beautifully done. The coloring, the artistic camera shots.... I love the beautiful music. It is just well done and I love it. Don't judge me. ha ha.

As you may have seen, this year I carved Sweeney Todd into my pumpkin. While I was doing that... I got an idea. Why not watch the movie and make a little party out of it? So I pitched the idea to my good friend ( and roommate) Rachel. Being the champ that she is, she went along with the idea and helped me pull off this little party in a couple of days. I thought it was awesome. So much more fun to have a little party with themed snacks rather than just watch a movie. Here is how it turned out.

I first made cupcakes. Rachel was awesome and taught me how to use fondant... so I made little knives to put on each of the cupcakes. I was pleased with how they turned out. They tasted good too. I brought the left overs to work the next day and I think my co-workers thought I was a little strange.. especially since they had never seen (and most of them had never heard of) Sweeney Todd.


Here is the table. Kind of erie.... like the movie. I did a couple of shots with different lighting so you could really see it. We had a great time.




6 comments:

Ashley said...

your parties are too legit!! Seriously i wish i was as creative and awesome as you are! LOVE the pumpkin, the whole set up is awesome...only thing missing...ashley ;)

flux biota. said...

those sweeney todd cupcakes are the best thing ever. make them and sell them!

A Little Cuppa Tea said...

Loved the idea! The party turned out so cute!!!

Andrea Johnson said...

looks like fun!

Lori said...

Your brain is always cranking for parties :) Your amazing.

jamie hixon said...

Ok, seriously. This is the best idea ever. I don't think I would eat a Mrs. Lovett meat pie though. Eeeewww!
Those cupcakes are rad.
And it would be weird that you liked the movie if it wasn't starring Johnny Depp and some of the best and most beautifully haunting music in all of theater history. I think it is my second favorite musical ever.