Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Mario Kart Live

A while back, my friend Mindi had this AMAZING idea. To dress up as the Mario characters and race go  karts. She decided to move to Maui and things got crazy and she never ended up doing it. However.... I wanted to do it SO bad that I put my own group together. Turns out.... I could not have chosen a better group to do this with. Not only were my friends excited to do this with me, but they went all out. I was really impressed with the guys and their creativity on their costumes. Especially Thomas (Bowser) who was a last minute addition. I had SO much fun and I am SO glad that we did this. It was epic. My vision came true. In fact, this was better than what I imagined it would be in my head. This epic event went down on the afternoon of Saturday May 19th.

Let me introduce you to everyone....

Josh = Mario




Rich = Luigi




Vicki = Princess Peach



Tracy (Me) = Toadstool



Liz = Yoshi




Jay = Donkey Kong (DK)



Ali = Koopa



Wes = Wario



Thomas = Bowser



So we get to Boondocks and nobody there knows what is coming. As soon as we get out of the car, people start taking our picture and asking us if we do birthday parties. It was like our own little version of a surprise flash mob sort of thing. Everyone just stared and thought it was the coolest thing ever. As soon as we get inside to go and pay for the go karts to race, we run into the manager. The manager thinks we are awesome and gives us a discount AND let us have the course to ourselves AND let our videographer Dan Randall go inside the course to get better footage of us. He also gave us his card after so that we could let him know when the video was done. He also took our picture and posted it on the Boondocks facebook page before we had even left. He also gave us free coins to play after we were done racing. It was pretty awesome. His only requirement was that we take a picture with Boondog their mascot. Done and done.


As we waited in line, people continued to take our picture and video tape us. We were really like little celebrities for the afternoon. I wonder how many pictures and video we have of us that day floating around the internet. Anyway... we had to wait a while to get the course to ourselves... but it was worth it. I also brought along my BFF Neighbor Darrell to document the event via photos. This kind of event doesn't happen often, so you have to make sure it is well documented. Good work Darrell.







Then it was time to race. We tried to race in character... but I think Wes (Wario) wins the prize for staying in character the whole time he was in his costume. He is awesome. After each time we were done racing.... people in line would video tape us and would cheer when we were done. Liz even got the crowd chanting for Yoshi!






All in all, it was pretty epic. I have the coolest / nerdiest friends. I LOVE it! Now I need to think of another epic thing to put together now that I know I have people that are up to it. Oh man... looking at these pictures still makes me laugh. I love my friends... and my life.


13 comments:

Karen Ella said...

that is freakin AWESOME! i'm sad i missed this!

Karen Ella said...

oh, and, i'm gonna need to see that video...

MoNiCa! said...

THis is SO funny! I love it!

Lil Lizzie said...

love love love love love this

Vivian said...

OH MAN! I laughed so hard reading this!!! The costumes are AMAZING. You guys are hilarious. You need to take this on the road. Seriously. Call up good morning america or jackass or david letterman! You should be famous!

Lori said...

Pretty awesome Tracy :) You sure know how to create some good fun!

Lynette Mills said...

You guys are crazy fun... By the way, I can read your blog on my iPad now! You might be sad that blogger upgraded you, but I'm really happy!!!

Janene "Jeannie" Jaynes said...

This is what life is about! Not only having something fun in mind but having the friends who love you enough to see it done! And with such style may I add!

Derrill Watson said...

My son, the Mario addict, is amazed and delighted. Thank you for sharing.

jamie hixon said...

I just showed this to Asher, and he was smiling and laughing and he thinks you are so cool. SO DO I!! That is seriously so epic. I want to do this for a kid's birthday. I love that you guys got asked if you do birthdays. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

Rob Towner said...

You guys are my new personal heroes!

Thrifty Geek said...

Just cam across the link to this on pinterest while looking for toad hat tutorials. This is awesome! Did you make the hat yourself?

Anonymous said...

Hi! Yes I did! I just got a bike helmet and glued some kind of siding on top (I honestly don’t remember what) and then wrapped white material over it and glued it into the hammer then added the red material on top with glue. It was super cheap and thrifted… as were most of our costumes.