Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Friday, May 1, 2020

Going Green


Lately I have been trying to make some changes and go a little more green. Do I think I am changing the world by doing these things? No. Am I going to go completly green? Probably not. Sure, I feel good about doing my part, but this is also about just not being so wasteful in general and saving money by not having to buy all of these single use products over and over again. Plus, because there are so many companies trying to change the world to go green, there are a lot of quality products out there that have not always been an option. So if you are wanting to make some of these changes... NOW is the time!

The first change I made I think is probably the most common one. Using tote bags when going to the grocery store. I have gone through phases of how good I am at remembering... and sadly when I order groceries online and go pick them up, that isn't an option (although I have put in the feedback online that it should be) but for the most part I remember and it is great to not have a million plastic bags around my house. I occationally use them, but not the amount that I have laying around and was coninuting to collect. So this was a great change.

A more recent addition were some netted bags I bought from Coconut Bowls company. These are to replace the plastic bags that you pack your fruit and veggies in at the grocery store. I love these! Great buy.




I didn't make any other changes for a long time. Then my sister and mom talked about dryer balls instead of dryer sheets that are actually not great for your clothes anyway. So I bought some dryer balls. So far... I am really enjoying them!


Next thing I realized is how many zip lock bags I used. So many that all just get thrown away! So I started looking on Amazon to see if there were some good reusable zip lock bags out there. I found some and decided to give them a try. They are AWESOME! I love how thick they are, they are easy to clean and the zip lock is really strong. My pack came with 2 different sizes... but now I would like to find a freezer size version. I like it THAT much!



Last, I decided to get some reusable straws. Not that I use straws that often... because I don't. But I thought I should have a few on hand for when I do want to use them. So I bought some coconut straws from Coconut Bowls. I really like them. I also got a pack of silacone straws in my fabfitfun box. Each pack came with a cleaning stick. Oh! I also got a reusable cup at Sodalicious and got one of their metal straws. For someone who doesn't use a lot of straws I now have a lot of straws. ha ha. The sodalicious straw stays in my sodalicious cup. Which I currently can't use thanks to COVID-19 along with my grocery totes.


Just kidding... that wasn't the last one. After doing a story about this on my instagram, I asked what else I should change in going green and almost everyone that responded said switching to bees wax paper instead of plastic wrap (which I was actually thinking about anyway) so I ordered some and it came and I have used it a couple of times now and I think it will be great. I just hope that I never need more than the biggest peice that came in the pack.

One last thing that I have ordered and is on the way... a diva cup. I have been scared of this one, but it would be a good change to make and save me a ton of money in the long run. I just hope I can adjust well and don't have trouble using it. ha ha.

Go green where you can everyone. If for no other reason that to save some money.

No comments: