Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Baking

So funny. I was planning on posting a couple of my favorite recipe's tonight. I went to read my sister's blog who had updated today and she posted the same thing! Banana Bread Recipe and Pumpkin Bread. Difference being I was going to post a recipe for pumpkin cookies. How funny is that? I guess great minds think a like? So here we go.

Grandma Watson's Banana Bread (seriously best banana bread I have ever had)

1 1/2 c Sugar
2/3 cube Margarine
3/4 c Sour Milk (1 tsp lemon juice)
3 crushed bananas
1 c chopped nuts (if desired, I use chocolate chips instead)
1 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 c flour

*Cream sugar, margarine & eggs
*Add dry ingredients alternately with sour milk
*Blend. Add vanilla, bananas & nuts (or chocolate chips)
*Blend & pour into 2 greased pans
* Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees
(check after 45 minutes, make sure toothpick comes out clean from the middle)














Pumpkin Cookies (Recipe from my old roommate Tessa)

1 c oil
3 c sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 can pumpkin (16 oz)
2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
5 c flour
2 c chocolate chips
2 c nuts (optional... I don't put in the nuts, as you can tell, I'm not a nut person)

*Mix oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla & pumpkin
*Add nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, salt & flour
*Fold in chocolate chips & nuts
*Bake 10-15 minutes at 375 degrees on greased cookie sheet

Seriously these cookies are so addicting. They are so soft it is like you are eating sweet bread.

2 comments:

Trevor and Colette Riley said...

Those look SOOOOO good. I am going to try it. Hey do you mind spreading the word about March of Dimes? You are so dang popular that I think it could really make a difference. Thanks so much for all of your comments on my blog I feel loved.

Shawntel said...

These look so good! Yet another talent that you have! In the parable of the Talents, you are definitely the one with the most! Your awesome!