Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Camping in the Uinta's!



This was our first camp out of the summer! The guys wanted to go up to the Uinta's which is beautiful, but I was a little worried about how cold it would be since it was still so early in the summer. We went anyway, it is beautiful up there. Everyone at work told me it would rain on us. It did not, which I was very thankful, but it did get VERY cold that night. It was hard for me to leave the camp fire at any time even though the smoke from the fire was pretty bad, and even always being next to the fire, I couldn't feel my toes because they were so cold. Thank goodness Brent knows I am not prepared for this cold of camping and is always looking out for me. Before the camp out he went and bought me warm socks and thermal under clothes. They were a life saver for me that night.... otherwise I don't know if I would have ever been able to sleep. To top it off, Brent's roommate Braydon bought hand and feet warmers. He gave me and my roommate Ashley a pair of each. Without these things, there is NO WAY I would have been able to sleep because it was so cold. You better believe I gave them both a big hug the next morning. Besides that, Brent made some awesome Shrimp in the dutch oven (something on the camp out I could actually eat because of my diet) and we had fun taking "light pictures" with Braydon's camera and just enjoyed hanging out with each other in our beautiful surroundings. All the guys that went are very funny, so I was constantly entertained. It was awesome. The next day we drove up to Provo River Falls (which I had never been to before). The falls are awesome. And just as we got there, there were some extreme kayakers that were going to go down it, so we stayed and watched them go down. It was pretty fun to watch. Then we headed home.
I really enjoy camping for several reasons. 1- I love to be out in nature 2-You really get to know people and become better friends because there is nothing to do but talk and be together 3-It is nice to get away from cell phones and tv, etc.. 4-I love the smell of the tree's and fresh air and looking up at the stars away from city lights 5-When you come home the next day, even though it was only one night camping, you REALLY appreciate getting clean 6-you REALLY appreciate your bed and you sleep SO well in it. There are many other reasons, but that is just to name a few. Anyway... we all had a blast and you better believe that there will be more to come. Next time it will be when I am not on a diet which will be that much more enjoyable! :o)

5 comments:

Shawntel said...

Oh fun! I love camping! It looks like you guys had a great time! So I have to ask, how did you do the crazy pictures with the lights, and also the one with you and Brett? Very Cool!

jamie hixon said...

Awesome pictures. I have not been camping in forever.

Lynette Mills said...

Thanks Tracy for another great blog entry. It makes me miss our Dinkey Creek days. I also love the mountians.
I don't know about the cold though. I'd much rather camp in the middle of August or something.

Desiree said...

I LOOOOVED the pics. It looks like you guys had a blast! The "light pictures" turned out really cool and I love all the group pics you took. The guys were great sports. :) I'm sad we missed it, it looks like you had a great group. :)
PS. I LOVE the photo of you and brent with the trees in the background. You look so fresh! So great.
Glad you had fun and survived the cold night!

Kayleigh said...

Tracy, you are seriously looking so skinny!! Whatever you are doing, keep it up, you look fab!