Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Geocaching

What is Geocaching? (For those of you who don't know... and there are many out there who don't)

Geocaching is an outdoor activity in which the participants use a Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver or other navigational techniques to hide and seek containers (called "geocaches" or "caches") anywhere in the world. A typical cache is a small waterproof container (usually a tupperware or ammo box) containing a logbook. Larger containers can also contain items for trading, usually toys or trinkets of little value. Geocaching is most often described as a "game of high-tech hide and seek", sharing many aspects with orienteering, treasure-hunting, and waymarking. Geocaches are currently placed in over 100 countries around the world and on all seven continents, including Antarctica.[1] There are over 820,000 active geocaches in the world right now.

Today Brent and I went on a double date with my sister Kristy and her husband Jess to go geocaching. We had all been before... so Kristy looked up some coordinates for caches up Provo canyon and off we went. We were out for 3 hours and found two caches. Every time I have gone... I had never found one myself. I was always with someone who found it. That was not the case this time. I found my first cache today! Woot woot! It is so fun once you have found it to write your name on the log and contribute something to the geocache. I put in Bren't old pinewood derby. I am sure the next person that finds it will get a real kick out of that.
Anyway... it was a hot but beautiful day. Even though we only found two of the geocaches, it was fun to be by Bridalveil falls and be out exploring in good company.



This is Brent's old pinewood derby. If you want to know why there is a moustrap on top of it.... you will have to ask him about that.


I FOUND IT!!Kristy and Jess holding their GPS and a bag of little pirate toys that we took out of the geocache in exchange for Brent's pinewood derby.

2 comments:

Lynette Mills said...

I told Kristy that I new I would be able to read about your double date on your blog...so fun. Looks like you had a great time. Wish I could have been there. Just my kind of fun.

Angela Stoddard said...

What a fun time! I would like to try that someday. So I am wondering how your life is? Have you made an official annoucements or plans in your life?