Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Weekend with the Girls Day 3

Today was the last day in Vegas with the Lillards. In a way I was sad, in a way I was not. I of course like to get away and be with my friends. The weather was also great. I was soaking up the sun today after sacrament meeting and it felt GOOD! I was also very excited to leave. Probably mostly being lack of sleep. I think a combination of sleeping on the couch, being kept up by the snoring of Zeus (their dog) and the kids crying in the middle of the night and getting up wicked early, the 3 year old girls laughing and having so much fun together one minute and crying and fighting and screaming the next.... I guess I reached my limit after 3 days. I wanted to burn a couple of toys that caused a lot of trouble. ha ha. I hope this doesn't make me sound horrible. I love kids and I love these kids.... and I believe it is a little different when they are you own kids and on a schedule. Anyway... the morning was spent getting ready for church. I then took Lillard family pictures, we then went to church came back home, ate lunch, packed and headed back to Provo.


I am so glad that I got a weekend with my good girl friends. We had fun amids all the craziness and I am so glad that over all these years, no matter where we live and no matter if my friends have gotten married and had kids.... we still make time for each other. These friends mean a lot to me in my life. Thank you Cheryl for making the trek to Vegas with me and Thank you Lolly for letting us invade your house and your pantry for a weekend. Love you girls!

6 comments:

Lynette Mills said...

The picture of Lolly's family is really great! What a beautiful family.

Cheryl said...

Congrats. I'm so proud of you "22". you made it! Anyway, I had a lot fun too and no, you're not in trouble! I understand. haha

politicchic6 said...

I feel like destroying toys every time I come into contact with Alan's neice(But not my nephews :) Oddly they rarely fight over toys. They fight over everything else, but not toys). It isn't because she is bratty about her toys, it is because she has SO many and refuses to play with toys. She NEVER plays with them and they take up tons of room. Alan and I have decided our kids are getting one toy and sticks and rocks to play with.

rachel v. said...

That weekend looks like it was sooo fun. I am glad you had a good time :) girlfriends are the best!

THE LIZARD'S said...

You did a good job on the pics we did get to take. Life sure can throw in some 'high stress' even when you think the weekend is going to be fun and relaxing, I guess. The funny thing is that my kids are all calm and back to playing quietly and Ava just watching cartoons this morning. ha.ha. Next time you come, you will just have to be prepared to not let all the chaos get to you.

We are... said...

I can't believe Lolly has two kids already! It seems like just yesterday I met her in Vegas! Crazy how time flies!