Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 344

Fall colors are at their peak! I love it so much. I wish it lasted longer, but I know the colors will only be around for a couple more weeks before the mountains are pretty much dead. Sad huh? I sure wish fall lasted longer. I wish that for many reasons... but I want to see every canyon and do several hikes with the fall colors... and there just isn't enough time to fit them all in unless I didn't have a full time job... which I do. So I never can fit all of them in, so I will try and choose the ones that I didn't do last fall I guess.

Speaking of my job... this has been my first week doing 3 people's jobs by myself. So far so good. I'm staying on top of it. I definitely have my work cut out for me... and we will see how things go the closer we get to quarter end.. but so far, pat on the back for me. Ha ha. I mean, I knew/know I am capable of doing it all by myself, but I wasn't sure how overwhelmed I would get. I guess we will see as time goes on. It's only week 1 of several weeks to come. Even when they do finally hire someone... I will still have to do everything by myself for a while PLUS train the new person. It's fine. I got this.

Friday after my work out I just chilled at home and went to bed early. I know, I'm getting so exciting in my old age. I was going to car camp in the mountains by myself... but by the time I got home from my workout and started getting my things together, it was already getting dark and I knew I wouldn't be able to find a spot in the dark. Sooo.... I hate that the days are getting shorter. Instead I woke up early and took all me stuff and spent all day in the mountains instead. Chillin in the back of my car, listening to conference and exploring and taking pictures. It was peaceful and relaxing and lovely.

Speaking of General Conference, I listened to/watched all 8 hours and that was ALSO great. It was a wonderful conference as always. It really made me realize that I needed to make some changes. And Conference always makes me feel good and that there is still so much hope for myself and the world around me when everything seems to be going to crap... especially with politics these days. We aren't going to start talking about politics... I'm not going there. I'm so sick of hearing about it. Anyway... General Conference was great.

I already blogged about my girls night out with Hillary on Saturday. A little dinner, a little shopping. Hillary is great and I love hanging out with her. After our night out we came back to my house and watched Stand up comedy on Netflix while we painted our nails.

I am on a stand up comedy kick lately... who doesn't like to laugh. I have to say I am not very exposed to the world of comedians except for the really famous ones that have made more out of their career than just doing stand up. Anyway... I love that there are so many on Netflix. They aren't ALL great, but there are a lot that are and I always like a good laugh. So yeah. good times.I have also been watching some new shows (I don't know if I have mentioned this yet... but I LOVE "The Good Place" and "This is Us") I have also been watching Skin Wars which is a body paint competition. WAY more interesting than I thought it would be. Amazing what challenges they are given and how great the art of body paint is.

Sunday after family dinner I went to my friend Lexi's s'more party. She has been having monthly parties at her house all summer and I hadn't been to any of them because Sunday I like to just hang with the family and then go home... but since it was the last one and I hadn't gone to any of the other ones, I decided to go. I ended up staying for an hour or so and talking to my friends Justine and Whitney who I ran into there and also met a fellow instagram follower. Well.. we follow each other. I recognized him and was like... hey, nice to meet you, we follow each other on instagram. ha ha. what a weird world we live in. ha ha. It was a fun party though even though it was way more crowded than I like but I was glad that I went.

The rest of the week I just work and then go to the gym and then back to work and then back to the gym and then when I get home... I'm just tired and I go to bed. Last night I met up with a guy from online and it was super weird and awkward and he was trying to be all over me and I couldn't handle it and I was trying not to make eye contact with him so that he wouldn't try and kiss me... but then I just told him not to kiss me just in case and it got even more weird and awkward and he still couldn't stop touching me so I just told him I had to go. Yep....

Today I didn't work out with Josh because I had to drive up to Ogden for my eyebrow touch up. In case you were wondering... it hurt just as much as the first time and now I have to have vaseline on them for another week. Totally worth it though. I love them and I REALLY love not having to color in my eye brows everyday. They just look perfect all of the time and sometimes I even forget that they are tattooed on there. Pretty sweet.

That is all for this week. Peace out.

1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

That date sounds like a nightmare. And yes, what a world we live in. Funny that you met a fellow Instagram follower.
I'm sure you've seen Jim Gaffigan's "Obsessed" because it is standup on Netflix, but it's a good one. We tried watching others like Aziz Ansari's but we didn't like it as much as the good (mostly) clean ones like Brian Regan and Jim G.