Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Sunday, October 9, 2016

New Besties


Hillary and I met through Josh, our personal trainer. I started training with Josh about a month before Hillary and Lyndi joined. They were already besties and worked out together... so I didn't get to know them back in June. Then they started working out with Josh in the morning and I never saw them. When Josh started working out with a group at 5:30... I went then instead of 6:30 because it was way more convenient and they started doing the same. So that was in August. I had just started my second round of 12 weeks with Josh and then a month later... Lyndi quite after her 12 weeks was over and Hillary signed up for a second round and we started working out together and quickly learned how similar we were and became instant besties.

We had only hung out once, then decided to take a weekend road trip together and after that became inseparable. Ok... maybe not quite that dramatic... but we started talking everyday and telling each other everything and we became our go-to people for each other. Every weekend that she didn't have her kids, we were hanging out. I was so thankful... not only do I love hanging out with Hillary because we have the best time, but she came into my life at the perfect time because I was starting to feel very a lone with not many friends to hang out with. I think she was feeling the same.

While we were on our road trip, she had me download an app called Bitmoji.. where you create a character of yourself. She helped me create my character.... and then in Snapchat you can have your characters interact. Ha ha... so when we are talking day to day... we will send each other our characters together... like so...




Hillary and I are so similar that Facebook even knows it. Hillary took these quizzes and this was the result. ha ha



Hillary is also super thoughtful. She is always getting me free tickets to concerts and events... if I'm having a hard time, she knows how to cheer me up, and she got me this cute pillow just because it reminded her of me. Why? Because it's my color and I love photography. How sweet is that? It totally made my day and it now stays on my bed.



Basically I'm super thankful for Hillary. Friends like her are hard to come by. Did I mention she was from Fresno, California? Just like my bestie Lolly. I guess good friends come from Fresno. :) Who knew that when I signed up for a personal trainer that not only I would get in great shape, but also make such an amazing friend. I actually love my 5:30 crew. I will miss them when we are not working out together anymore. I think I will have to do a blog post of my experience with my personal trainer soon and get a picture with the 5:30 crew and my trainer. It has been a way greater experience than I ever expected it to be. So glad I got out of my comfort zone and took a chance on it. So many great things came from it... including Hillary. Many more adventures to come with this girl.



1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

I'm going to have to show Asher the picture of cartoon you "dabbing"- because doin' the dab is his favorite dance move.