Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Staining Crates

They don't always have them, but every once in a while Home Depot gets a bunch of wood crates. For some reason, I am drawn to them. I just love that you could use them for so many different things. I didn't even know what I was going to use it for, but I grabbed one when I was there picking up a plant.

I don't like the color of the wood though, so I took it over to my parents house to sand it and stain it a darker color. I LOVE it. I ended up using it as a shelf... but I thought, why didn't I get more? So I went back to Home Depot a while later in hopes that they didn't sell out of them. I was in luck. There were a few left and I took two more. Went back to my parents house to sand and stain and I'm so happy that I decided to get two more. I will use one for sure for road trips where I am camping out of my car. It will be my kitchen storage/ eating table.

I'm not sure what I am going to do with the other one yet.... but I will find a place for it. I don't mind having it sit around until I do. I love them. My night stand and shelves in my room are old vintage stacked crates. One day (When I have my own place and a lot more space) I would love to have a show shelf made of crates. I don't know... don't want to get too carried. away.



2 comments:

jamie hixon said...

Carried away? You are slaying with your accidental pun. ;) I like the color, nice job.

Lori said...

Super awesome! Very good job. I saw a bunch of these at Michaels when I was there last. I wonder if the size is the same?