Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Love You Like Plaid


I had a list of things that I wanted to do this fall. I of course wanted to do my annual pumpkin dinner party, but then I also thought it would be fun to do a fall picnic with some of my girlfriends too. Well, I took the idea to my friend Alexi and of course not only was she in, but she took it above and beyond to create something out of a magazine like our tea party back in April.



Lexi and I had gotten together to discuss how we wanted the party. We were on the same page for 95% of it and started a shared board on Pinterest. We knew we wanted it to be outside and we wanted Plaid to be the theme. Then Lexi came up with "Love you Like Plaid" and sent out the cutest invites with a cute poem inviting everyone to the party and asked everyone to wear the plaid. I just loved every minute of it.


We thought it would be super cute for each girl to get a basket. I put together the baskets, bought the baskets and plaid blankets and they also included apples, a rootbeer, a little sign that said "Oh Darling, let's be adventurers" and a little fall arrangement from the florist. SO cute.





Speaking of the florist, like our last party, this was a collaboration of talent. Lexi and I were the event planners. Lexi was again the graphic designer, the Florist was Over the Top Floral.


Cupcakes were done by Amy, same girl who did the Naked cake at the tea party. We also had a popcorn bar which was so fun. We each got two bags to fill with popcorn and then got to make our own popcorn flavors and then had a competition to see who made the best flavor. Top 2 got prizes.




And our photographer was Kayla Brooke Photography. She was awesome. On top of all of that, all the girls that came pitched in by helping set up, clean up and bring extra stuff. Although it did rain on us a bit, the party was a total success. Such a cute and original party. Made a couple of new friends as well. I hope that Lexi wan't to keep planning these types of parties with me, because they are such a blast and I always make new friends. I don't have a lot of girl friends that are into these types of parties, so I'm always happy to make new friends that are into these things. So fun.



1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH! I saw pictures on Instagram and I about died. I need to hire you all for parties. In fact I wanted to do a woodland theme for Ezra's 2nd birthday, I could use lots of these ideas. The pictures are amazing too!