Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 328

The weeks go by so quickly...

This last week, Friday I was supposed to go out with this guy. We talked the day before, he told me how excited he was to meet me. Friday afternoon I text him to see what time he was planning on for that night. Then..... nothing. I didn't hear from him. I tried texting one more time later on after work.... still nothing. So, there went having plans Friday night. Seriously.... so rude. If plans changed, just tell me, don't ignore me. Why didn't he say something Thursday night? It's all too weird to me. Such a cowardly way to handle the situation. So... I wanted around to here from him and when I heard nothing, I decided to go see a movie by myself. Which is fine. I have gone to the movies by myself. I went to see "Me Before You" which I knew was a chick flick. I was surrounded by couples on dates... but it's fine. I was just there by myself. You don't talk during movies anyway... or you shouldn't. So I really was fine with it. I really liked the movie and I got out of the house and did something, so the evening wasn't totally wasted.

Funny side note, later that night I ended up meeting another guy from online who was in my area because he was supposed to meet up with a girl that stood him up... we both got stood up so we met up and had a good time and had so much fun that he came to see me again 2 days later and we have been talking every day since. Don't get too excited.. as fun as he is, he is a work-a-holic that is just out having fun, just got out of a divorce and has no desire to get married again ever... so we won't be dating. He is fun to hang out with non the less.

My sister Jamie is in town, so Saturday I went to go hang out with her and the family on Saturday... after my run of course. If I don't run first thing after I wake up on Saturday... it doesn't happen, and I try really hard to make it happen and stick to the trainers plan. So I hung out there for the rest of the afternoon.

After that I got together with a bunch of friends to go out to dinner for my friend Becky's birthday. Dinner took way too long... waiting for our food. I was actually hungry... which I'm never hungry anymore. I had fun catching up with my friend Dallin and his new wife though. Funny... it was a year ago at Becky's birthday dinner that Stacey and I decided to go to Brazil together. Anyway... after dinner we went to Orem Summerfest to watch the fireworks... which they put on a pretty good show. I LOVE fireworks. I can't get enough of them.

Sunday I was released from my calling as Communications Co-Chair. Not sad. No more going to ward counsel. No more putting our Ward Newsletters every week and no more having to take new people's pictures and put them in LDS tools. They were going to give me a new calling... to be ward chorister, which I have actually never done before.... but they held off and didn't give me a calling. Why? Because I feel like it is actually time for me to transition to the family ward. As weird as that is for me to say. I still don't feel like I belong there, but I don't really feel like I belong in the singles ward either, even though those are the people that I hang out with and I don't feel too old for them. It's a weird position to be in that is hard to explain. I just don't really feel like I have a place. I know that isn't true and just the way I feel... but it is the way I feel. So as of right now, I am calling free (which feels great) and get a little break while I decide what to do with myself. I may ward hop... who knows. We will see.

The rest of Sunday was spent with the family. I stayed an extra long time since Jamie and her family are here. Always nice to have family in town. I wish that Jamie and Lori lived closer and would be at family dinner every Sunday. Since that is not the case, it is nice to spend extra time with family when they are in town.

Monday was National Running Day. Who knew? I only did because my work did something. The fitness center is always trying to do health challenges to encourage people to be healthier since we all have desk jobs and a fitness center that is way more empty than it should be considering it is free for all of us to use at any time. Anyway, so my work celebrated National Running day. There is a trail that goes all the way around our campus that is a mile and a half. So if you walked or ran around it once or twice... you got to enter in for a drawing for prizes and they had snacks and stuff like that. I wasn't planning on doing it, but I bring my gym bag everyday because I go on my lunch break. As soon as I got into work the guys asked me if I was going to run with them. My team NEVER participates in the health and fitness challenges. So I said absolutely I would run with them. So I ran with Joe, Aaron & Nick and then Allen, Cassie and Amie all walked one lap. Nick ran one lap. Aaron, Joe and I ran 2 laps... so a 5k. I'm not a fast runner, but I am happy to report that I ran (jogged) that 5k without stopping. Everyone else had to stop at some point during the 5k, but I never did. I was proud of myself because it has been a while since I have been able to do that. Plus... later that day (evening) I worked out with my personal trainer and Monday is leg day. So my legs were tired by the end of the night. But I rocked that Monday and I was proud.

Since MacKenzie has moved out, Leslie has been gone and Alicia has been gone a lot too, which leaves me with the house to myself. I don't hate it. The house has stayed clean and I can't tell you how happy that makes me! Clean and quite. I do miss having my tv buddy around, but now MacKenzie and I text each other about our shows instead of talking about it in person. More time to myself has forced me to get other projects done... like editing pictures and finishing my book of my trip from last year to the Philippines. You know... stuff that I need to get done.

Tuesday I went to traffic school. Sad I know. Going to traffic school I think it better than doing it online. #1 - it's cheaper (at least in Provo it is) #2 it's shorter... it's a little over an hour of your time instead of 4 hours #3 - it's more entertaining and I actually learned some new things from this cop than online traffic school I didn't learn anything. It was all stuff I already knew, but this retired cop that gave my traffic school said he would pay for our traffic school and ticket if we didn't learn anything... and he was right. I totally learned some things I didn't know. My favorite thing that I learned was about the fast lane. It's a passing lane... it doesn't matter how fast the person behind you is going, if they come within 2 seconds behind you, you HAVE to move over, if you don't... it's against the law. I can't tell you what a big pet peeve that is of mine when people won't move over in that lane or when big trucks or cars pulling trailers are in that lane. ALL illegal. The cop that did our class said if he wanted to be a jerk he would spend all day in that lane pulling people over. I wish he would. In fact, if this cop would have pulled me over, I wouldn't have gotten a ticket. The cop that pulled me over was kind of a jerk even though I was SO nice to him. Whatever... such is life.

The rest of the week I met with Josh (my personal trainer) earlier in the day so that I could have my evenings free to hang with my sister. So.... Wednesday, Jamie wanted to go on a hike, so I took her on a hike. We went to Stewart Falls (which I will blog more about) which is the same hike we did last year, but I LOVE that hike, especially this time of year. It is SO green and so beautiful. It's almost 4 miles round trip, but it seemed like a breeze. We both really enjoyed it. I love it when my family or friends come into town and they want to do things outdoors with me. It makes me happy. I also love summer because it is warm enough and light enough after work to go on a hike... I can feel like I did something else with my day besides work (sit at a computer all day). It's so nice.

Today I went and got a pedicure after work and then a movie night at my friend Mike's house. Not just any movie night though. We watching Twilight, but in a new way. We watched it with RiffTrax! RiffTrax, if you have never heard of it, is a comedy commentary that you play along with the movie. It basically is just people making fun of the movie while you watch it. It was pretty funny and entertaining.

Speaking of shows.... I am still watching the OC. I'm almost done though. I'm not loving the 4th (last season) so I'm ready for it to be over. I am still loving watching So You Think You Can Dance The Next Generation and America's Got Talent though. Those shows are what I look forward to watching the most... and Bachelorette, but that sadly wasn't on this week. Oh well. Love my work entertainment.

I guess that is all for me. I'm excited for the weekend. I'm ready for it. I always am.



1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

That's funny that you hung out with a different guy that got stood up- I didn't know that.

And thanks for going on that hike with me! It was beautiful. I'm so glad we got to talk so often while I was in town. Remember you can see me tomorrow if you want to (or if you can- I know how busy you are).