Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Saturday, February 12, 2011

It's Great to be 8!

Friday night I went to my sister's house to celebrate my oldest nieces birthday! I still can't believe how big she is getting. It was a lot of fun to see how happy and excited she was to open her presents.


After opening presents she blew out her 8 candles on her birthday cake and we all got to have a piece of this not only cute cake.... but amazingly delicious homemade maple cake that my sister made. Everything about it was amazing. Seriously.... enough so that I was daydreaming about it the next day wishing I would have taken my sisters offer to take some of it home. mmmmmmm




It was also fun to just hang out with the family. It been fun having my parents around. Its nice to hang out with them more. Its been years since I have been able to hang out with them on a regular basis. Well... since I moved out of the house in 2003. I know my nieces and nephews REALLY love having them near by. :o)


4 comments:

Lynette Mills said...

seriously... I'm getting old! I try not to think about it too much until I see a picture! sigh Reanne is 8 and I'm 58!

jamie hixon said...

I keep forgetting that Mom and Dad are near you all now. I mean, not really... but when I see a picture I think "what are they doing there?"
Anyway, that cake looks amazing and I cannot believe that Reanne is 8!!

rachel v. said...

Oh how sweet and fun, I love the pictures.

Lori said...

Wish i could have been there too!