Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, June 8, 2017

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 378

Picking up where I left off...

The half marathon is next week. AHHH!!! I'm not ready. I will say that I am a little less nervous this time since I ran 9 miles and I wasn't sore the next day. So whats 4 more going to do to me? Can't be that bad. ha ha. So Saturday I tried to run 10... because that is what you are supposed to do the week before the race. However... I got too late of a start and so it was really hot and I ended up only going 9 miles and walking  lot of it. I just don't do well in the heat. Thank goodness they start those races so early in the morning so you don't have to deal with that eh? That is as good as it is going to get for me before the race I think... so we will see how the race goes next week. I am a little nervous because I am still not a runner even though I have done this before. But... not as much as I was last time.

After taking a long rest and a shower, Rachel and I went out to get greek food from this really yummy food truck and then some shave ice next door which was apparently the happening place to be that night. I saw this guy that I had been talking to online but would never meet up with me... and now I know why. He was there with a girl that looked like a girlfriend. Ha! Caught. I am pretty sure he saw me as well and now feels stupid. Wouldn't want a guy like that anyway. I also ran into Candice and her little crew.... and then our co-worker Katy, her daughter was there with her hubby and kid. So Candice called me over to say hi. So funny we were all there and didn't plan it at all. Love it when stuff like that happens.

After dinner we went to catch a movie. Saw the new and last Pirates movie. It was actually a lot better than I thought it was going to be since there are like 5. But I enjoyed it. Thought it was better than a lot of the other ones. Good ending to the series.

I already blogged about hammocking at Tibble Fork with Kyle. It was relaxing and I always enjoy time in nature. It just makes me happy. It calms me. Takes me worries away... at least for a little while.

Monday I broke down and bought an Apple Watch. I have had a couple of people convincing me that it is great for the fitness aspect of it. So... since I am about to do a half marathon and they are doing another 10,000 step challenge at work which Kristi at the gym (the one I am doing the half marathon with) signed me up for it, I figured I might as well do it. So I did. Got some wireless headphones too while I was at it. Will be great for the race and the gym.

Wednesday Kyle and I headed back to Tibble Fork, this time with our paddle boards. Kyle had bought some floating water lanterns to have around us as we paddle board. We didn't really get the pictures that we wanted... but it was still fun. We will have to try it again.

Guess that leaves us with today... I just went to work. I'm in the middle of the 10,000 step challenge at work, so after the sunset, I got Rachel to take a walk with me so I could get all my steps in and we could chat and catch up.

And that was my week. That is a wrap. :)

No comments: