Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Monday, September 18, 2017

Road trip around Switzerland in a Classic American Car


One of the days that I was in Switzerland, both Deb and Alessandra were busy and couldn't spend time with me or take me anywhere. I wasn't sure what I was going to do... but when I was spending time with Alessandra at her house in Thun before we went out to explore, her brother, Roman, was home. Since he is currently unemployed he had lots of time on his hands. Alessandra asked him if he would show me around the day they couldn't. Since I was sitting right there when she asked, how could he say no? Ha ha... really, he is a super nice guy and it was a nice chance for him to get out and practice his English. His English is not as great as Alessandra and Deb (I honestly forget that English is their 3rd or 4th language because they are so good) but he still did great even though he didn't think he was speaking that well.

The day that I met up with him, I took the train from Bern to Thun and Roman was there waiting for me at the train station. Roman is a car guy. So he actually has 2 cars. One he let Alessandra and I borrow the other day when we explored. Today... he picked me up in an old classic American car. No joke. It was kind of awesome. He also had some classic American tunes going in the car as well. I made a comment about that while we were driving and he laughed and said it was only appropriate since he was driving around an American girl.



We drove around all day together. We went to a lot of places... so I am not even going to pretend to remember all of the names of where we were. It was a road trip seeing a lot of the country towards the boarder of France. That is all I know. So I am just going to post a bunch of pretty pictures that I took on this road tip.






We did stop to go to this castle/ old village up on a  hill. That was pretty cool. These are the pictures I took from that stop.





We also stopped for lunch. Roman was a gentleman and paid for my lunch even though he was already being so nice and driving me all around Switzerland. We ate outside and enjoyed the view.






I'm so thankful that Roman was able to show me around that day. I am not sure I would have been able to see as much on my own that day nor would I have had any company! I was so lucky to be so taken care of while I was in Switzerland. What great friends!



No comments: