Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Photography Class

To help keep me occupied while Brent is so busy with school and work, I decided to take a night photography class this semester at UVU. It is on Thursday nights from 6:30-8pm. It actually is only a month long class, but hey... it's something. I have already looked into other classes I can take too. Not only will this help keep me a little more busy, but photography has always been something I have loved and wanted to learn more about. So I bought a new camera and the class is teaching me how to use it. I decided it would be fun for me to post my assignments for the class on my blog. I warn you that this weeks shots are not that great. But it was only the first class and I am still learning. Now that I have said that... the assignment was action shots. The first one had to be where you freeze action. My friend Rob dressed up and let me take pictures of him cracking his whip (which he loves to do all the time anyway). Second one, we needed to have everything still except for the thing that is in action, which in my photo is a ride at the fair. The third one we need to have the object in action be the thing in focus and the background blurry... which I struggled with the most. I ended up making a paper airplane and spinning around in a circle because my paper airplane wouldn't fly. The winning picture of the class gets the picture blown up for free to a 11x14! I don't think I will win this week, but my goal is to win one of the weeks. Lets hope I do better with next weeks assignment.

7 comments:

jamie hixon said...

Hey, I think those are pretty good. Creative ideas, too. That is so fun!

rachel v. said...

I love them! I never can figure out how to get action right...

Dan Hixon said...

They are good, I like your paper airplane a lot. Do you meet and critique?

Desiree said...

Good ole Rob. :)
The turned out really well. Good thinking with the paper airplane. It's my favorite. Keep up the good work!

Tracy said...

Ya, we email them to the teacher Tuesday night so that he can have them by class on Thursday night. This is our first assignment, so we will see how much he critiques our work in class... I am sure he will show the good examples.

Jessica Stark said...

Very cool! You are very talented..don't doubt yourself!

Cheryl said...

I actually really like you photos. The ride at the fair is way better than a waterfall