Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Carved Pumpkins


I enjoy carving pumpkins every year. I really wish I had more time this year to really get into it. Between the busy schedule at work and having to move.... I was not able to go all out like I wanted to. Last year's pumpkin carving was my favorite so far. I was going to try and continue Brent and Brian's pumpkin carving tradition and carve some sort of violet scene in my pumpkin. I even had a great idea of a nightmare my co-worker Paula told me about of her waking up in bed to big nasty spiders crawling all over her. But I didn't have time to get a pumpkin or a lot of time to create it. Also... Brent and I were a good team and he had a lot of those creative juices to get something awesome... like our pumpkin last year. So I ended up using the pumpkins we had bought for our soup bowls (we washed them out, don't worry). But those were tiny. So I drew Jack Skellington and the Oogie Boogie Man (From Nightmare Before Christmas) on two of them and Tina carved one and I carved the other at FHE. Ashlee did a cute little face of her own. Still fun, but not as awesome as last year. Oh well... there is always next year.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

i think they are cute. and you did a good job. i carved an elmo pumpkin with(by myself) nephew and i have decided that i don't think i like carving pumpkins all that much. more power to ya for doing a great job AND liking it.

Andrea said...

ps you are a CHAMP at blogging.

Lynette Mills said...

Love your pumpkins...it's hard to do smaller ones.

whitty said...

What? No close up of my snaggle-toothed jack-o-lantern? Honestly. It's so classic... JK. I'm just sad that the cute Jack and Boogie Man pumpkins spontaneously sprouted mold the next day. That was unfortunate.

Dallas and Kirsten said...

I've always been impressed with how creative you are! Good luck with the move this weekend. I can't imagine how you're dealing with all the stress, but I'm sure your dad will take good care of you girls. I just love your parents!

Shawntel said...

Great job on the pumpkins! It brings back great memories!

Cheryl said...

hey trace, I think your pumpkins turned out supper cute. Happy Halloween