Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers out there. Mothers have a hard job and they should be appreciated.

Today I went to church, heard talks about Mothers. All the women were given a note from the men and a chocolate bar... that I couldn't eat. Then I spent the rest of my day with my family. I got treats (cake bites) for my mom and grandma and sister. My nieces put on a Mother's Day award show. I got an award even though I'm not a mom.... I think they just gave one to all of the women in the house. This is what my note said. Gotta love how honest kids are.


But seriously.... I have amazing women in my life. They are all great examples to me of great mothers. I hope to join the mothers club one day.... but in the meantime, here are the mothers that I love and admire and strive to be like when I have children of my own.  Of course my mother... she is amazing. It has been nice to have her closer these last couple of years. She is always there for me when I need her... I love our chats and I love that she is always loving and supportive of every step I take in life.


My Grandma. Also been great to have her close by this last year. I love that I get to see her every week now. She is an amazing mother, grandmother and great grandmother. She is so loving and patient with her great grandkids. She is one of the most kind and giving people I know.


My sister in law... although I feel like it has taken me a while to really get to know her, she really is a kind and caring person and it has been really fun to watch her as a mom. She is a good mother and she is good to my brother. :)


Then there are my sisters. Of course I love them all dearly, but they are all amazing mothers too. They each have had a slightly different approach on raising their kids, but all of their kids have turned out to be great kids. That is really due to each one of them. It is interesting, I never really thought of this before any of them had kids... but watching them as mothers has made me love and respect them even more.


3 comments:

Lynette Mills said...

Very sweet of you Tracy to pay tribute to the women in the family. We all love you too!

Lori said...

Thanks Tracy! I love you too. You are an amazing woman and I respect and admire you as well :)

jamie hixon said...

Aww, thanks. I agree we have awesome role models, and thanks for your kind words about me. I kind of feel like I'm "the lazy mom"- but at least I read to my kids, right? ;)