Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Healthy Cookies

So my co-worker, Ron.... he is a pretty healthy guy. His wife is even more healthy than he is. One day... he brought in these cookies that his wife made. We all noticed he was munching and he offered to share. Told us they were made with garbanzo beans. I had to try them to see if they actually taste good. Turns out... they were pretty tasty and obviously guilt free. So, I asked for the recipe. Here it is if you ever want to give them a try. I know I will be making them. I know I will be making them at some point.


1 can garbanzo beans rinsed (no juice)
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp natural (not the fake stuff, like Jif) peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup choc chips (can use less, if desired)
1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional, or can use less)
1 tbsp chia seed, hemp and buckwheat cereal (from Costco)

Combine all and blend well until doughy.  Form into cookie shape (as these will not change their shape during the cooking process).  Bake at 350 degrees for 10 min.  They will be soft coming out, but will set a little more while resting.  They will be a soft cookie



1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

Huh. Most of the time sweets made from beans have to be warm to be good. Interesting. I had a bad experience once, so I would try these if you made them, but I wouldn't make them myself. :)