Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Sunday, November 10, 2013

My First Couch Surfer

Friday night I got my first couch surfer! Remember when I blogged about couch surfing? I wasn't sure if I wanted to do it, but then I signed up. I had a lot of people request to stay on my couch since I have signed up (not sure why people want to come to Provo) but it never worked out. I was always gone or too busy when they wanted to stay with me. Until this weekend.

Janelle from Ohio contacted me personally and told me that she picked me because I looked more normal than most. ha ha. Thank you! She was SUPER friendly in her emails and I just got a great feeling about her, and I was actually going to be around this weekend, so I accepted her request to sleep on my couch.

Friday night I set up the couch down in the basement into a bed. People always tell me it's comfy, so I go with it. (If you ever want to stay at my house, I will set it up for you). She arrived Friday night. Saturday she went and explored Provo, we met back up later that afternoon and I took her to Bridal Veil Falls and then to Deer Creek. It was a beautiful day and we got to Deer Creek at sunset. We both loved it. I live here and I still don't get tired of the beautiful scenery.





I went to a BYU dance performance with my good friend Sarah. When we got back, we met back up with Janelle and took her to J-Dawgs. She loved it. Had to give her the true Provo experience.


Janelle left this morning and cleaned up her bed and left me a sweet note and card with some cookies from Ohio. It was so sweet! What I kind person. We had some great discussions and I really enjoyed getting to know her. What a great person. I now have an open invitation to visit Ohio. So glad she was my first couch surfer, because it was such a great experience... I am now even more of a believer of the greatness that is couch surfing. Thanks Janelle for visiting and for your kindness. You are welcome to stay with me ANYTIME.


1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

That is awesome! She sounds great. And that first picture is GORGEOUS!!!