Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Rooftop Concert - Take 3

After the Salmon Supper last night, my friend Lindsay told me she was going to the rooftop concert in downtown Provo. I know they happen every first Friday of the month of summer... but I never keep track of who is playing and for the most part don't go to them. Well, I have been going like once a summer. That is good enough right? I mean, don't get me wrong, they are awesome because they are free, but I just would rather camp or go on road trips if that is an option.

Anyway... guess who was playing yesterday and I didn't even know. THE AQUABATS!! I didn't even know they still performed. Apparently they do! Ha ha. Lindsay and I both loved them in high school, so it was a trip down memory lane for us. We were loving that show and singing a long. The others that came with us... not so much, but it's free... why not go. ha ha. They have a few new songs that I didn't know, but for the most part, I knew all the songs from listening to them ... well.... when I was in high school. It was a typical Aquabats concert with blow up balls and toys that they throw around the audience. Last time I saw the Aquabats live was when they played at my dad's club (The Living Room) back in California. Good times.




We didn't stay super long. Only came to hear them, came late and left when they were done, so we were there for like an hour. It was perfect. A really fun night with the friends.


2 comments:

Lori said...

NO WAY!!!! The aquabats are still a band and playing shows!?!? That is awesome that you got to see them :) I recently went to McKenzie park during fiesta to hear Upbeat and Cornerstone play (Upbeat used to play at the living room too) but it was in the beer garden area and I couldn't bring the kids in :( booooo. I was super bummed. Hooray for music!

jamie hixon said...

Sweet! I would have loved that. I saw the Bat Commander (Christian) on cupcake wars- he was a guest judge because the winner was making something to celebrate Yo Gabba Gabba which is a show he created. Super weird. haha