Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Monday, August 15, 2016

Sunset with Stacey


It has been TOO LONG since Stacey and I had some quality one on one time... so we made plans after work and the gym to get together and watch the sunset from the back of my car... since that is my new favorite thing to do... park somewhere pretty and hang out with pillows and blankets. Stacey knows me very well... so he knew that I would bring my twinkle lights and it would be a pretty set up. So he decided to bring fruit and sparkling cider. I know... a pretty romantic date for a couple of friends just catching up. Ha ha. I guess we are secure enough in our friendship not to care what we do when we hang out or what other people will think about it.

When you PLAN to watch a sunset instead of just watching it in the moment when it happens to be going on, you don't normally get such an amazing sunset. However, we lucked out! We got an awesome sunset. Maybe we should plan to watch sunsets together more often.

We just sat back and enjoyed every minute of it. Such a nice night, perfect temperature. We just talked about everything from old memories and our Brazil trip to our future plans and what we wanted out of life and the struggles we were going through. It is nice to have a friend that you can be so honest and open and vulnerable with. We talked for hours and hours while we ate fruit and drank sparkling cider out of glowing Lord of the Rings Goblets that my dear grandma bought and collected for me years ago. It was pretty much the best and I wish we had more of that in my life. Like someone permanently to have that with. We were having such a great time that we finally looked at the time and it was after midnight, so we called it a night and went home. An evening well spent. So glad things are back to normal with Stacey and I. I'm really thankful for his friendship.




2 comments:

Lynette Mills said...

Oh, that's really nice. Glad you got the chance to reconnect

jamie hixon said...

Aw- that's great. I always like good conversation with good people. I hope you get to do that more often.