Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 359

I skipped a week. So I have the last 2 weeks to talk about it. Not that I will have that much more to say. Just the day to day life....

Picking up where I left off, Friday night I hung out with Allison, Mackenzie and Daniel to grab dinner and Sodalicious and watch the couple latest episodes of the Blacklist. Our little tradition. After watching the episodes we hung out for the rest of the night and chatted because we don't really see each other that much anymore.

Saturday I went out to lunch with Rachel. Rachel and I have not really seen or talked to each other since she moved out from my house 4 years ago. Kind of had a falling out, but reconnected and are friends again. We spend a few hours catching up over lunch until I had to go because I was meeting up with Justine at her place in Sandy. I already blogged a little bit about that, but Justine is awesome and I wish we would get together more often. Maybe I need to do a better job of initiating that. We had fun making gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches and catching up on life while eating and soaking in a nice hot tub. We relate a lot to each other in this stage of life we are in... so always nice to talk to people who truly get you.

Next day was church and then dinner with the family. The usual. I like family day.

Monday it was back to work and the gym and work out with my trainer after work. Although... I am feeling differently with my trainer these days. I feel stuck and I'm not really making progress anymore. It is hard for me to want to spend so much money when I don't feel like I am really even a priority to him anymore. When another guy I have been working out with for a while (Chase) told me he was done this week... I decided I would be done at the end of the month. I think I will start working out with Jack at work instead. I'm sure I can get just as good of a work out with Jack and he is free. So... that is how I am feeling now. Next I need to find a way to adjust my diet because that is like 80% of losing weight. It is always a work in progress.

Later Monday night I headed to MacKenzie's house to watch the Bachelor with her and her roommates. Always a good time.

Tuesday after work... instead of going to work out with my trainer... I went to the movies. $5 Tuesday. Here is how it went down. I'm leaving work and my boss is leaving too. She says, "Tracy, are you coming?" and I reply... "yeah!" because I thought she meant leaving to walk down to go home right then. Then she asked me if I had met her daughter and that I will get to meet her. Then I was really confused. I told her I didn't know what she was talking about and then she said.. "the movie. You are coming to the movie?" and I told her I didn't know what she was talking about because I wasn't invited to a movie. Then she said... oh, Katy didn't tell you? We bought you a ticket to come with us because I knew you would be down to go. She knows me so well. Of course, I am always down to see a movie. So I met up with them at the theater later that evening to go see Patriots Day... which I didn't really have much of a desire to see, but I ended up liking it a lot. So.. that was my Tuesday night.

Wednesday was another normal day of work and gym.

Thursday was even more boring because it was just work... and then work some more because we had to work late. We stayed at work until 10pm so that we could get caught up a little before quarter end which is just around the corner.

Friday I left an hour early... because I had tickets to the Ice Castle. When I bought the tickets, I actually thought it was for Saturday, but it was for Friday and I thought... oh well, guess I will have to leave work early that day. It was nice that I was able to go with Lacy because she gets off work early anyway... so we headed up to Midway together after meeting at the bottom of Provo Canyon. I am glad that we have kept in touch even though she doesn't work at the gym at work anymore. She is great and it is always fun to get together with her and catch up. I also already blogged about the Ice Castles, but I am glad I bought tickets and went this year because even though it is a very popular thing to do so it can get crowded... it is popular for a reason. It is beautiful and not a lot of places has Ice Castles to go explore. So we enjoyed going. After I got home, I met up with Rachel and we went to a movie. We both go see a lot of movies I guess because the only movie out that we both hadn't seen were animated movies... so we went and saw SING... which was cuter than I thought it was going to be if I'm being honest... but it is still not my top choice of movie I would have wanted to see.

Saturday I just cleaned and ran errands. To be honest... I know that is what most people's Saturday's look like, but I always feel a little bummed when I don't do anything else on Saturday because I feel like my weekends are so precious, I look forward to them all week... and if I don't do something fun, it is like I wasted the weekend. Is that a weird way to think? Maybe it is because I'm single that I think that way? Or maybe I would still think that way if I were married and had kids. I don't know.

Sunday was the usual church and family dinner.... but after dinner, my friend Kyle text me wanting me to come over and hang out. So I went over to his place to hang out for a couple hours. Kyle and Heather are great (Heather was there too ha ha) so it was nice to catch up with them for a little bit.

Monday back to the Grind. Monday, then the gym with the trainer and then I went over to Hillary's place (which I blogged about) for her LipSense party which I hate. But I love Hillary and Lyndi so I went just to hang out with them... and watch the Bachelor... which was on at the party. I miss them and really wish that we hung out more... but they both have boyfriends so....

Tuesday work and gym..... until ..... guess who decided he wanted to see me again? Mr. Tyler. He waited 4 1/2 months last time and this time it's been 2 weeks and he wants to see me again. Of course, I let him come over whenever he wants because he is fun... so I hung out with Tyler that night.

Wednesday I went to work then the gym and then I hung out with this guy that I met online. He was pretty weird. Looked normal in his pics, but you just never know with online. That is why I always meet guys with ZERO expectations. That way you are never disappointed and if it turns out great... then it is a pleasant surprise. That is how I handle it.

I guess that brings us to today. Just went to work and then I went to the Temple for the first time in a while... which was nice. Now I am packing for my annual yurt trip tomorrow.

And there you have it... the last 2 weeks.  Peace.

No comments: