Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Monday, May 16, 2011

White Pizza

A few years ago I tried white pizza for the first time at a pizza place in Orem, Utah. I enjoyed it. I didn't have it again after that.... until I was in Florida. After Kirsten and I were done with our adventures in Harry Potter World, we went out to eat at this Italian restaurant in the down town part of Universal Studios. We both ordered a mini pizza and ate while we enjoyed a live band. I ordered the white pizza and fell in love all over again. I love it. Why have I not been eating it all of these years? I decided that when I got back to Utah that I wanted to try making it. So I found a recipe online and I made it. Its good stuff. So good in fact... that I thought I would share it with you.

White Pizza

For the Dough you can either buy pizza dough OR you can do what I did and make it. Need a recipe? Use this easy one that I posted here.

Ingredients


* 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
* 1 Garlic Clove, minced
* 5 Ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese
* 2 Teaspoons parmesan cheese
* 1 Teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
* 1/8 Teaspoon oregano
* 3/4 Cup part-skim cottage cheese

Directions

* Preheat Oven to 400 degrees.
* Heat olive oil, add garlic and cook until golden.
* Brush garlic oil mixture over dough leaving 1/2" of outer dough uncovered
* Sprinkle oiled surface with mozzarella cheese
* Bake for 10 minutes
* Combine Parmesan, parsley and oregano
* Remove pizza from oven and cover with cottage cheese
* Sprinkle with more mozzarella cheese and then Parmesan mixture
* Bake for 10-15 minutes

YUMMY!!




4 comments:

mjfin22 said...

Oh that looks delicious! How did you know I needed a new recipe? You always come through for me! Thanks Tracy for your wonderful cooking ability!

Lori said...

This looks really good Tracy, thanks for sharing. I will have to try this one for myself as well :)

A Little Cuppa Tea said...

That was soooo good, and the crust was amazing! I highly suggest trying this pizza out, you will keep coming back for seconds!

jamie hixon said...

I'll have to make this. I made homemade pizza a few nights ago... we were on the same page.
I have a good wheat dough recipe from Martha Stewart. It is freezable.