Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Gingerbread Houses

Liz and Ben have been dating since May. They are cute. Sometimes Ben and I still sing together... Liz is usually there when this happens. When we were singing Christmas songs, getting ready for our house concert I bought up John. They had both heard me talk about John several times... since I have been dating John since September. They decided they wanted to meet him so we set up a double date. We wanted to do something Christmasy... so we decided to build and decorate Gingerbread houses. I love doing this, so I was excited.


I had no idea, but this was Liz's first time. We both got our Gingerbread house kits at Walmart, but we ended up grabbing different kits. Her's was chocolate and came with different candy. Tonight, when we both opened up our kits, we realized that the kit I bought for John and I was very different than the one Liz bought for her and Ben. Plus... when Liz opened her's up, the house was broken. They were going to have more of a project to get their house to stay together. Ha ha. They did it though. I was impressed. It didn't stay together very long... in fact, as soon as I went to take the picture, the roof caved! It was sad and funny at the same time. Then all of the sudden Ben karate chopped the house and it all crumbled and went straight to the trash.




Then there was our gingerbread house. I was busy making a cake for everyone to eat... so John put it together and then I was done and helped ice it and decorated it. While making the cake... I would sometimes look over at John and would be surprised how into it he was. He got creative too and it worked out great. I loved how much he enjoyed it. When we were close to being done he even stepped back to look at it from farther away to see how it looked and what could be added. It was cute. I loved how our house turned out. I think it might be the best looking gingerbread house that I have ever helped make.


It was a fun date. I forgot how much I love double dates. It has been a while since I have had someone that I could double with and go out with other friends. It's nice. Plus... I miss spending time with Liz. We used to spend a lot more time together. Liz and Ben are both so great. So is John... so there you go. A great night with great people.




1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

That is seriously the best gingerbread house I have ever seen. I don't even know how you made it so perfect. We've done those kits and stuff always slides around.