Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 285

I'm in the Midwest! I'm excited for the break from people that frustrate me and mostly a break from work. Any break from work makes me happy.

Things are always busy leading up to a trip. I mean... I always leave packing until the last minute, and I'm a light packer anyway. I had my eyelash / massage trade was Monday. I was asked to teach a class on planting and caring for succulents for the relief society on Tuesday. 20 something people signed up for the class and then 6 showed up. Try not to take that stuff personally. ha ha. Wednesday I worked and then went right to the airport to fly to the Midwest!

It's amazing that I'm in 3 states in one day. Fly in to Chicago Illinois, drive to Indiana and spend the day playing at the lake in Michigan. I was excited to get away, but mostly I was excited to hang out with my cousin Trav. He is so fun.  No matter what we are doing... it's fun. I was also excited to see a couple of friends while I was there. My flight into Chicago got in late... so my friend Rick picked me up from the airport. We walked around the town a little bit and then I stayed at his place. I ALSO got to see my very good friend Monica who is now living in South Bend Indiana. Monica and I go way back to 2004. One of my first friends in Utah and we are still good friends. We can not talk for months or see each other for years... and we just pick up right where we left off. That is a good friend.

Oh, I finally finished Heartland. 8 seasons! Whew! I even watched the last 2 seasons on a sketchy website to watch it until the end since they were not on Netflix. I thought after the 8th season it would end, but I read that they are signed up for a 9th season! Canadians love Heartland. We will see if I stay caught up on it. After Heartland I moved on to Nashville. Just started... but I already love it. I am a sucker for drama. And here is a weird thing, I don't love country music, but I am digging all the music.

I already blogged about getting ditched over the weekend and the last minute hiking in Utah's beautiful mountains... so I guess that is all. Time to party in the Midwest with my awesome cousin Travis. Have I mentioned how much I love my family? I seriously have the best family.

Peace out.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Fun. Say hi to Trav for me :)

jamie hixon said...

I'm so jealous! I would love to go visit Trav and his family, it looks like such a beautiful place and they are such great people.
And dude, that happens all the time with RS stuff. Way more people sign up than actually come to the classes. I think 6 is actually pretty good. ;)