Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 286

My weekend in the Midwest was too short. It was fun and flew by. We will see if I can get back again next summer. The lake house will be done by then. Trav is a blast.

Tuesday I went on a hike up American Fork Canyon with Becky. It was fun. However it is getting darker earlier... so we did some hiking in the dark. Thank goodness she thought to bring a flashlight or we would have been in trouble. Yikes! I'll blog more about that later.

I am emotionally involved in the show Nashville. My closet country girl is coming out. What? I don't love country!! There is some good music in this show though and it makes me want to write my own. I'm just not very good at it. I'm in season 2 and I'm loving it. I'm a sucker for drama shows though. Not sure what I will watch next when I'm done with this. This show is still going, so there are not that many seasons.

My visiting teachers came on Wednesday. They are sweet. I feel bad that I didn't like them before. I'm glad when people prove me wrong though. Well... if it's for the better. We had a nice visit.

I had a blind date tonight. First set up in a while. My friend Ben set it up. I always appreciate when people set me up even though I know more than likely its not going to click. I could tell just by talking to this guy on the phone that he wasn't my type... we are different people. Didn't know what he looked like, but I already knew there wouldn't be a second date. ha ha. That sounds terrible, but sometimes you just know. I was right, I wasn't attracted to him and we had pretty much nothing in common. I still make the best of it and have good conversation and appreciate the set ups.

This morning I had a dentist appointment. Just my 6th month cleaning. I usually don't mind them, but today the hygienist was rough on my cleaning. It hurt! Cleanings are not supposed to hurt. She tells me... your gums are bleeding a lot... I'm like yeah... you are stabbing them with a sharp hook. She says, you need to be better about flossing, there shouldn't be this much bleeding. I agree, I should be better about flossing, true, but when I floss, it doesn't bleed or hardly bleeds... maybe because I'm not flossing with a hook! Ugh. My gums were sore the rest of the day. Hopefully in 6 months I don't get the same lady cleaning my teeth.

I found a new drink at Sodalicious. It's called the Flaming Ginger. I didn't know if was on the menu until I was reading off the menu to Trav. The Flaming Ginger is my normal drink (Mango Mountain Dew) but then it has Strawberry. Yum! Love it. Don't worry, when I start the diet with Lisa I will be not drinking soda anymore. At least not for a while.

I guess that's it. Another week in the life of Tracy. This next week I think I need to start thinking about working on getting a travel visa. :)

1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

The Flaming Ginger is the best drink name ever.

I have a good regular hygienist, but once I had someone else and she was rough. I floss every night, but she told me I didn't go deep enough into my gums. When she flossed my teeth I felt like she was trying to slice through my gums, it was so weird.

The only clip I've ever seen from Nashville is when those youtube sensation sisters (Maisy and Lennon I think?) were singing a duet of Ho Hey by the Lumineers. It was great.