Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Shavehead Lake


A lot of the time I was visiting Trav, we spent at their Lake house... well... there will be a house there when Trav builds it, in Michigan. Different lake than the last time I went to visit. Almost every night if we were not at the lake already, we went over there to eat dinner. Why? Because the grill was at the lake and so was the dutch oven. Trev spoiled me with his cooking almost every night. His dutch oven meals are to die for. So is the Indiana corn grilled and chicken and jalapeƱo poppers and well... everything he makes. We always sat by the fire and ate yummy food. I loved not only eating good food while sitting by the fire and looking over the lake, but Saturday night there were also lots of fireflies out and people letting off floating lanterns and fireworks. What a perfect night.


We went out on the boat a couple of times. Took the kids out on the tube and Trav did some wake skating.





The rest of the time was spent paddle boarding. It's my new favorite thing this summer and I'm dying to get one, so I was thrilled when I found out they had a couple. We went on some long paddle board outings in some beautiful scenery. I got eaten alive by mosquitos... but it was worth it for how pretty it was.







Such a fun and relaxing vacation. Loved it. Thanks for having me and taking such good care of me Trav!


1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

Aw, I miss his face! He is such a great and positive person. I don't even want to think about how many years it has been since I've seen him. And paddle boarding looks awesome! That entire trip sounds amazing.

Oh, and the picture of the dog is a crack up!