Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Monday, September 21, 2015

Arches National Park


Over the weekend I went with my friends to Moab. Although I wanted to wait a month or two before going, nobody else wanted to wait, so I went with the crowd. When I go to Moab, I typically do the same things over and over again because I'm always with someone who has never been before. This time we went to Devils Garden, which I had before... but then we traveled to all the arches beyond Devils Garden which I don't believe I had done before. So that was cool. Our group split up at the end of the day... a few went to the Delicate Arch and booked the hike before sunset. I would have been happy to go again, but wasn't thrilled about booking it since the first part of it is all uphill. Since the other two in the group didn't care to go because we have all seen it several times, we opted to go find somewhere to chill and watch the sunset. So I didn't hate that.





Besides that, we did something else that I hadn't done before. We went to the Fiery Furnace. The cool thing about that part of Arches is that there is no trail and they only give out so many permits per day to go explore it, so we were 6 of 100 that day that got to explore it. It's pretty much a jungle gym for adventurers. You climb, you jump, you crawl and take whatever path you want to take. It's pretty cool. We had to watch a video first and take a quiz of the rules... part of which was which dirt we weren't allowed to step on... which pretty much ruined us for the rest of the trip wondering if we were stepping in the right dirt. Good times.





We had a fun group and had a fun time. Moab is one of those places that you could keep going back and find new things to do and places to see every time you go. That's pretty awesome.

2 comments:

William said...

Looks like a fun time! I need to go explore that place!!! Good job Tracy :)

jamie hixon said...

Stepping in the right dirt? That is crazy. And I think it is rad that there is a place called The Fiery Furnace.