Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Monday, September 14, 2015

Lantern Fest


Friday night I met up with my friends Amber and Kristen in Salt Lake and we headed to the Bonneville Sea Base near Grantsville. I had been to there before... to scuba dive, which was an ... interesting experience. I swore I would never go back there... but this time it wasn't to scuba dive. This time it was for the Lantern Fest.

Thank goodness we bought out tickets the weekend before because it ended up selling out. I didn't have super high expectations for this... because honestly, nothing is going to beat the lantern festival in Thailand. I also did it for my 30th birthday which was also pretty magical. This one turned out to be pretty awesome as well. We got there, parked and signed in. With the purchase of our ticket, we got a lantern, a pen to write our wishes on the lantern, a lighter to set it off and a S'more kit!



We got S'more kit's because the set up of the event.... they had a stage where people performed and then scattered everywhere were tiki torches and fire pits to gather around and hang out and roast marshmallows. I loved the set up. Thought it was awesome. So we watched the sunset, made our S'more, wrote our wishes on our lanterns and hung out. Already we were off to a great start.





We waited until it got dark and then around 9, it was lantern launch time. We were so excited. They played music while everyone lit and let go of their lanterns at the same time. It was way better than I expected. Very magical. On top of that, I thought it was a beautiful activity to do in honor of September 11th (which is when the festival was). We already talked about wanting to go back next year.





1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

That is so cool! The s'more box would almost be enough for me. What a great idea and a great event.