Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 288

It has been a while since I have picked up my guitar... but I have started playing again. Wanted to learn a new song, so I have been working on it. I get frustrated because I wish I were better, but at the same time, I have never practiced enough to get really good... so it's my own fault. Patience has never been a great quality of mine.

Today was super productive. Those days are always nice. The trick is... I can't go home and sit down or else I'm not motivated to do anything. So I went to my parents house and finally washed most of those nasty mosquitoes and other bugs off my car that have built up over many road trips. I then went home and vacuumed and did laundry and cleaned my fish tank (which I still need to sell) and my bathroom. I felt great about all of that.

I had another picture of mine get featured on Instagram. This is my 3rd picture, but this time, it was on an account that get's A LOT more traffic. It is igUtah. I'm super flattered when someone consider's my pictures good enough to feature on one of those accounts. It got me a lot more followers and a lot of people finding me. I think next I am going to submit a picture to try and get in a calendar. There is prize money and stuff. We shall see.


I did U-Jam class again this week. It's super fun. I hope more people start coming to class so they don't cancel it. I need fun classes at work to motivate me to want to go to the gym. I for reals need to get in the habit of going every day again. I don't know why I can't get my act together. I have gained so much weight back that I am disgusted with myself. Oh how I miss Lauren, my gym buddy and my only work friend.

Speaking of work, things just got busier for me because our new girl just switched to a new team. So it is back to just Paula and I... until we find someone else. I'm not that mad about losing the other girl because I didn't end up being that big of a fan of her anyway. I hope that I can find someone to replace her that I like AND so that I will get the recruit bonus. I could use that money... especially with this trip I am now committed to. I'm excited, just expensive.

Speaking of that trip, Stacey picked me up at work today and I took a long lunch so that we could drive to Salt Lake to take care of our Visa's. I still think it is stupid that we had to do it in person instead of just mailing it in... because we just had to pay them a lot of money to mail it in for us. UGH! We made the best out of it though. We had fun jamming in the car and went out to lunch after and then he drove my back to work. It was nice to leave work for 2 1/2 hours and have some fun in the middle of the day and not have that much work left when I get back. I'm glad that is done and over with. We will just have to go back up there to pick them up... but I guess we don't have to go for that. Maybe we will rock, paper, scissors for who has to go. ha ha. Whatever.

I blogged about Tuesday's craft night for Sarah's birthday. Wednesday was another one of my friends birthday's. Lindsay! She invited her close friends to go to Cracker Barrell for her birthday. She has a bigger crowd going to dinner next Tuesday but closer friends Tuesday. As usual, we had a blast with our little group. We all hung out for a couple of hours and later that night went to the park to star gaze. I love my little group of friends. I don't always have that, so I appreciate that I have it now.

Monday I spent all day doing a hike up to Lake Blanche which had been on my list all summer. It was a beast of a hike, but the views are rewarding. I will blog more about that later.

I already blogged all about last weekend also, so I guess that is all I have to say. Oh... except I think I said last time that I finished Nashville. After I finished that, I decided to watch Agents of Shield since my sister, Jamie, recommended it to me and wants me to watch it. I only have a few more episodes until I am done (well caught up until next season). It took me half way through the first season because I really got into it, but I like it now. I'm involved. I have also been re-watching bits of Revenge with my roommate Mackenzie who is watching it for the first time. I liked that show. A little cheesy and super serious, but I liked it and I felt like they ended it when they should have. I'm not sure what I will watch next. I still have a few more shows left in my list on Netflix.

I was clicking on my Wifi this last week... and it pulled up all of the other people's Wifi names around me. All I have to say is, you can tell that it is an area of Young Single Adults.


Guess that is all for me. Here's to another week. I'm ready for the weekend. As always. I live for the weekends.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Busy as always! That picture of yours that got featured is REALLY Beautiful! No wonder it got recognized! You got some awesome photography skills & talent :)

jamie hixon said...

That is cool about the picture, good luck on winning a spot in the calendar.
And yay for Agents of Shield!! It took me a while to get into it too, but man it's killer once you get sucked in, huh?
It's great that you are hiking so much.