Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Monday, March 28, 2016

Arches National Park


On our way back from Monument Valley last weekend, Amber and I decided to stop by Arches National Park. I have been several times, but there are still things that I have not explored there.

We didn't do a lot of hiking... mostly just driving around and stopping to get out and enjoy the view and take pictures. It was kind of crowded for being off season... and then it hit me why. Spring Break.  Oh well. We still found plenty of places away from the crowd. I love visiting Southern Utah in the Winter/Spring/Fall because it isn't HOT! ha ha.





It was a fun day of exploring. There were a lot of people, but at the end of the day, we did find a spot where there were no people... on a slanted rock that we could lay down on but still see the amazing view and we watched the sunset. It was such a great way to end the day. I love little weekend getaways. You don't have to be gone that long or drive more than a few hours to feel like you did so much with your weekend.  And Amber is a great road trip buddy... especially since she can do spontaneous trips.


*Story about the 3 guys in the picture above. I ran into them on their way up and on my way down. I said hi, and I only snapped this picture because I thought it was a cool shot and wished that I had one of myself up there. Anyway, I ended up seeing them again while we were watching the sunset and after they left, Amber told me I should have given them the picture... but it was too late. We ended up parking next to each other and leaving at the same time! So... I went up to them and showed them the picture and asked them if they wanted it. Of course they did. They had an iPhone, I told them to turn on their bluetooth and I airdropped it to them. I LOVE that feature. People don't use it enough. These guys didn't even know about it... but you don't have to exchange phone numbers and text it, you don't even need to have cell service. Their name shows up on your phone and you select the picture/s that you want to send and select their name and then BAM they have the picture. It's pretty awesome. And they were of course happy to have it. I would love it if someone did that for me*


You can see how big those arches are when you find me... tiny little me in the archway.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Your photos are amazing! I really need to visit this place! Love the sunset pic :)

jamie hixon said...

How gorgeous. There is your victorious ant picture. lol (<- that is both a "laugh out loud" and a shot of you with your hands in the air.)