Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 323

This week has surprisingly flown by. Work has been slow, but I have been keeping busy.

I watched all of the show Cuckoo, which is a Netflix original that is a British comedy that first season stared Andy Samberg (who I LOVE) and then he left and the next two seasons stared Taylor Lautner... which is an interesting replacement, but I ended up not hating it. After I finished that, my co-worker, Joe, convinced me to start watching my 600 pound life. OMG. It's a little graphic, but it's motivating to keep going to my personal trainer and NEVER let myself get to that point. I mean... I didn't think I would.. but it's sad that it happens to anyone. It is also pretty amazing that the human body is even capable of getting that big. I mean.... think about it. Yeah, it's nuts. If you ever want to feel skinny... watch that show.

Camping over the weekend was quick, but it was good. I'm glad that we went even though we knew the weather would be super unpredictable. Driving to Capitol Reef, we had the most bipolar weather. Thankfully there was no rain that night so we didn't have to deal with getting wet or dealing with a wet tent. It all turned out pretty good... a little chilly at times, but good. It was fun to spend time getting to know Stephen and spending more time with Mike. I like Mike a lot. We had some funny and deep and intense pillow talk in the tent. That is why camping is great... no service on the phone, forces this stuff and I love it.

Monday my personal trainer was sick so he canceled his sessions with everyone. I'm not going to lie, I was pretty relieved. I tried to work myself as hard as he would have worked me at the gym at work... but I for sure didn't push myself as hard as he pushes me. I did burn out my legs and work up a sweat though... so I think that was good enough. Because I didn't have to meet with him that night, it freed up my evening. So MacKenzie and I went for a 3 mile walk in the sun/rain. Those days will end soon since MacKenzie is moving at the end of this month. I'm sad since she has been my solid friend/ roommate for the last almost 3 years. I knew this day would come eventually. I will miss our walks, our Sodalicious runs, our movie nights and tv shows that we watch together.... we have done a lot together. She has been a great roommate.  I will miss her a lot. After our walk I went to watch the sunset at Utah Lake with Kyle and John... my new BFF's that I spend a lot of time with these days.

On my walk with MacKenzie on Monday, we ran into my old roommate, Sarah!! Also a great roommate that I loved. We hadn't seen each other in a long time and so she came over last night to catch up. Always so good to see her and catch up on life. That girl is always on the move.

Tonight I drove up to Salt Lake to get my lashes filled and also to pick up my new purse that my friend Sarah just made for me. SO excited for my new purse. Sarah's bags/purses are my favorite. On the way home, it was a BEAUTIFUL sunset. This always happens... I go to the lake or somewhere cool to watch the sunset and the sunset isn't that great. When I'm driving and get to somewhere to sit and enjoy it... THAT is when the sunset is gorgeous. It's not quite fair. Oh well, such is life.

The rest of my week has been dedicated to my personal trainer. I feel like it's going to put a damper on my social life. I will try to avoid that, but we shall see. This week, thankfully, did get slightly easier. I didn't dread going every day like I did last week. I also haven't been as sore. All good things. I have also done an AMAZING job at sticking to the detox (pat myself on the back) I even watched all of my friends eat burgers and fries after camping while I ate a salad. That is not easy... at least for me. However... I do feel good. Not once since I have started have I felt starving or even hungry... even after hard exercise or hike... I haven't felt hungry... I just eat because I know I need to. I still haven't craved sugar which is really weirding me out. On Tuesday my trainer asked me if I had weighed myself. I said no. The scale and I are not friends. He asked me if I noticed any changes in myself... I said a little, but not much. It had only been a week, how much change could I see. I told him there was one thing that wasn't unhealthy but not part of the detox that I had been eating. Because he was curious, he had me get on the scale. He told me I didn't have to look if I didn't want to. Then he told me I would be happy about it, so he told me. I lost 7 lbs in my first week of training. We are off to a good start and it's motivating to keep going. On the days that I meet with my personal trainer after work, I go to the gym at work on my lunch break still. I just do cardio. So Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday I got in 2 workouts. I hope I can keep that up. I will keep you posted.

I guess that's all I got. Another week in the life of Tracy.

1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

Wow- I don't think I have EVER lost 7 pounds in one week except when I didn't eat at all on the master cleanse. JEALOUS! You are working hard- good for you! I'm not sure I want to watch My 600 Pound Life. My body might get some funny ideas on how to get fatter.

Why is a British comedy starring Americans? I might have to check that out just to figure that out.