Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Kitchen

Next stop on the tour is the kitchen. It pretty much looks the same as it did before. I loved it so much I didn't want to change anything. I love the European Cafe' feel to it. I like the colors Red, Green and Yellow. Please take note of some of the things in the kitchen you may recognize if you have been following my blog for a while. For example the Flower Pens and the Bowl.


Notice the painting on the wall. My good friend Monica painted that. She is amazing. She has such a gift for painting. The curtains I sewed... I was not finding any curtains that had stripes with the colors that matched the kitchen. So I had no choice but to make my own.


These are a few of my favorite things about the kitchen.

#1 - The cafe mood lights (I guess I love mood lights)


#2 - The Curtain I sewed to go over the window above the sink. I think this was my first sewing project with a pattern. It is harder than it looks... but I am also not good at sewing.

#3 - My color theme. I love that I found a crockpot that matches my kitchen. My friend Lolly made this super cute Recipe Card holder that also matches my kitchen so she gave it to me. It's the little things that make everything tie together.


#4 -My cookbooks... the start of my love of cooking.

4 comments:

Erin Masi said...

I love all the pictures of your new place! I need you to come be my decorator out here!!

THE LIZARD'S said...

nice house! looks like you have settled in quite nicely.

jamie hixon said...

Wow. I'm loving the mood lights, and I am very impressed with your home sewn curtain. Nice work! Your kitchen is officially more put together than mine.

Desiree said...

I'm so impressed by your sewing and decorating. You inspire me. It all looks so cute. Love it!