Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 13

Tomorrow, my co-workers and I are going to go see a movie. It is going to be paid for by the company, not only that... but we get to go during work hours which also means that I will be getting paid. I am going to get paid tomorrow to either see Iron Man 2 or Robin Hood. I look forward to this treat every three months. :o)

The last couple of weeks, the kids that I help tutor have not had a lot of homework since it is the end of the school year. So we read with them for a half hour and then we play with them the other half hour. My favorite moment this week came when I was helping a little boy read a Star Wars book (after I actually got him to sit and read to me). Everyone was reading together when all of the sudden one of the older girls (12 or 13) who was sitting in the corner reading by herself yells out to the whole room "Hey! What is Herpes?" Everyone was silent. "What? It's in my book" One of the guys tells her its a disease and leaves it at that. She didn't believe him for some reason. Meanwhile I am over thinking what book she is reading and once again.... if I should be worried for these kids. I seem to worry about them a lot.

I said that I would report on my diet. It has been exactly one week today since I started the HCG diet and I am happy to report I have lost 9 or 10 pounds. I say 9 or 10 because I forgot to weigh myself the first day, so I don't know if I lost one or two pounds the first day. I am hoping that I can keep losing a pound a day. If I can... I will be able to reach my goal weight. When I have done it in the past, the weight loss tends to slow down after the first week. I will keep you updated. I was pretty hungry the first few days, but that is normal for me. I have not been as tired in the first week as I have in the past, I have been feeling good and not too miserable or grouchy from not having food that I want. It has made me think though. EVERYTHING revolves around food. Almost every commercial on tv, billboards, social gatherings... food, food and more food. You don't notice it as much until you can't have it. As soon as you can't have something, you crave it. Or at least that is how I am. I really envy people that don't have to worry about their weight, the people who can eat whatever they want and don't have to worry about putting on the pounds. Growing up being a little on the chubby side, its hard. You don't feel good about yourself, you wish you looked as thin as the other girls, you blame the reason why you don't date or guys don't like you on your weight but I didn't know what to do to get it off. Its not like I ate super unhealthy growing up or that I didn't exercise. I was always active. I tried different diets, but my body stayed the same. So I gave up on ever trying to be thin. Then I found a diet that worked. The HCG diet ACTUALLY worked for me. It is not a fun diet by any means. It takes a lot of self control. It is kind of funny actually, when you are overweight you are miserable and would do anything to be thin and feel good. On this diet, I am doing what it takes to get there, but I think to myself I would rather be fat and happy. ha ha. I am fine though. Only a couple more weeks and I will be done and it will have been worth it. I am the thinnest I have ever been in my adult life, and am continuing to get thinner. I am proud of myself for getting to this point. It is nice to not feel overweight anymore.

When I get home from work, Lifetime plays reruns of Grey's Anatomy. I have been watching and I'm hooked. I have seen random episodes from the first 4 seasons... but enough to put together what happened between the characters. My roommate Tina also loves Grey's and borrowed the 5th season from a friend. Well, we just finished watching the whole season. We got through them pretty fast because we would watch a disc at a time. I would be embarrassed if anyone came over while we were watching. We would both be laughing and crying like babies. Now I need to watch Season 6. I just love the characters on that show though. And I have always been interested in the Medical Field. I enjoy dissecting things and when I was learning about lymphatic drainage when I went to The American Institute, we watched a live dissection. I was so interested and not grossed out at all. I also loved the cadaver lab. I just find it all interesting. I also have learned from that show. For example: My boss today was talking about different things that he likes to eat. He mentioned that he likes ceviche. My co-worker asked what that was and I was able to answer right away and tell her it was a chopped up fish dish. I learned that on Grey's. Ha ha... not something I would have known. I learn about medical things too.

P.S. I love McDreamy.... and I am looking for a McDreamy of my own. Tall, Dark and handsome.

7 comments:

Abby Wright said...

Aww Gray's I never miss it or Private practice. If Gray's makes you cry watch Private practice!
Ok on HCG. I think you know I did it at one time and it totally worked for me, but I would never do it again. I admire all you who do it and are so dedicated to it because I know the self control it takes. Oh I wanted to know what your goal weight was? I always like to know where people are looking to get. My ultimate goal would be 127 which is TOTALLY unrealistic I should just shoot for 150 which I think I will:) I think its so awesome that you are taking control of your weight and doing it for YOU and not some dumb boy! Know you are beautiful at any size!

Brittany Schmidt said...

I love GREYS!

rachel v. said...

ooooh have fun at your movie- that sounds like a win win situation!
It is so nice you tutor those kids, I can understand your concern, who are they getting their information from??
Anyway, I am glad you found a diet that works for you and promotes being healthy. And, I love Grey's too :)

mjfin22 said...

So jealous about the movie! Michael is going to see Iron Man 2 today for a "work meeting." Sure! And I am amazed by your self control on your diet. You deserve every pound lost!

THE LIZARD'S said...

good job on the dieting! I think life is all about self control.. and being a church member teaches you that very young.. but you are right..food is our american life style.. too bad.. fast food companies are one every corner.. or by my house.. 5 on each corner! ahh! I try not to go to them whenever I am watching my weight or being extra healthy with myself and my family.

jamie hixon said...

Paragraph 1 answer: Lucky!
Paragraph 2 answer: Yes. Yes you should, sadly.
Paragraph 3 answer: You look great and I'm so glad HCG is working for you. I really want to do it when Gwen is a little older.
Paragraph 4 answer: Um, there is a guy that is on vacation with Dan's parents right now who is 28, single, and handsome. (Also looks tall and dark.) I saw a picture of him, asked the appropriate questions, and he should be looking you up on facebook or something.

Kayleigh said...

I love Grey's Anatomy... I got hooked when an old roommate let me borrow the first season on DVD, and I've watched it faithfully ever since.

I just watched the finale of season 6 tonight. OMG... You need to catch up! I know you can watch the episodes on abc.com, or I'm sure they're on Hulu. So get to it! Lol