Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Office

A long time ago I posted a blog post about my job at Novell. Well... a little bit about it. Then later I posted my first photo of the week photo. I have been at my job for over a year now and I felt like I should feel more at home there in my office... you know, decorate. Just a little. Nothing too fancy, but I wanted to blow up a picture that I took and hang it on the wall. On facebook I had a vote to see which picture I should blow up and put in my office and Photo of the Week #1 won. So I did it! I blew it up on canvas and it is hanging on the wall in my office and I love it. My co-workers thought I bought it somewhere. When I tell them that I took the picture, they ask me for a copy sometimes. I even have a friend that blew it up and put it in her office.

I also got a plant and a candy dish. The candy dish is not just for me (especially now that I am on the diet) but it is also to welcome in my co-workers. I figured my co-workers and I could become better friends if they visited me in my office more, even if their is candy involved. :o)
I also bought a heater.... I'm so much happier now because its FREEZING in my office.
I have a picture of my whiteboard. I never write on it, but sometimes my boss does when talking about stuff with me. My co-worker's daughter, when she comes to visit, she comes and draws pictures on my board. When I was having a bad day, she knew and then went home and drew me a picture and her mom brought it to me the next day. Isn't that the sweetest? So I have that hanging on the board too.

So here is how it turned out. I feel like there is still a lot of space, but it feels more like my space now. I like it. I don't know if you can see... but I also have some other pictures hanging on the board and on the book shelf. I also folded a bunch of origami cranes out of candy rappers that I have eaten. I also have some cards that people have given me on the top shelf by my personalized calendar from Novell. bla bla bla, I am sure you don't care, I guess this is more for me to remember in the future (the details).

So now you see where I work, where I spend the majority of my days, where I sometimes blog from. Sitting, right here in my office, listening to my music, smelling my fruity candle, working.

2 comments:

Star Girl said...

Love the candy dish. And the blog. I'm glad you can appreciate the little things;)

http://maizycentric.blogspot.com

Maizy:)))

rachel v. said...

I love it :) very homey, I bet that helps a ton when it comes to making it through the work week