Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Memorial Weekend in Santa Barbara- Day 2

Although it was a late night last night when Ashlee and Lorelie came in to town, we started this morning off early. I took Marine Biology in college and it was one of my favorite classes. As part of our lab, we would go tide pooling. I had not done it since, so I really wanted to go while I was home. I looked up the tide schedule and it just so happened to be that the lowest tide of the month was this morning at 5:30! We got up at 6:30 and got there a little before 7 (because my parents live that close to the beach). It was awesome! I love the ocean. It was the perfect temperature, the sun was out and we saw beautiful cranes and pelicans, lots of star fish, mussels, and much more. It was awesome. I think that Ashlee and Lorelie enjoyed it as well. My mom took us, which was awesome. It was the perfect way to start the morning. There were so many great pictures, it was hard to pick my faves, so I ended up with a big collage.

Here we are on on this beautiful Santa Barbara day. Look how happy we are to be here instead of Provo. :o)
We then came home and my mom made us breakfast. Can I tell you how much I have been loving eating breakfast? Then we took a little rest and hung out with the family before heading back out for more fun. Next I took the girls downtown to "Longboards Grill" on the Wharf in downtown Santa Barbara. We all ordered a sea food dish (since we are in Cali, eating on the ocean where we have an endless supply of fresh fish). It was fun to next to the window where we could stare out on the water and watch birds fly by and watch the boats and such. After lunch, on the way to meet up with my mom and sister, we saw a cute seal laying out on a boat next to the wharf.
Once we met up with the family again, we decided to rent one of those family bicycle's. We rode around a path that goes along side the beach. It was very relaxing and the scenery was beautiful. I think everyone had a good time, including little Asher and baby Gwen.
After that we met up with Lori and her kids and walked around State street, looked in a few spots and admired the charm of downtown Santa Barbara. I appreciated it growing up, but I think I appreciate it even more so now that I don't live here anymore. LOVE my hometown. William was extra stylish and cool in his sunglasses.
We were pretty exhausted by the end of all this. So we headed home, my dad made an AMAZING BBQ dinner (I really miss those while I am away) and now, one of my best friends, Steve is in town. We have another fun day ahead of us tomorrow. More and more people keep getting added to this party weekend in Santa Barbara. I love it.

3 comments:

THE LIZARD'S said...

woa!!! I LOVE..LOVE ..LOVE going to tide pools. I first did this in middle school on a field trip (you know, since I didnt get to grow up on the beach) and I fell in love with it. I had no idea you could be at the bottom of the ocean (sortof) on the beach..the creatures are amazing and vastly different! I really like your pictures too!

jamie hixon said...

That was a fun day.
Again, I need your pictures.

whitty said...

Tidepooling was soooooo great - beautiful, tranquil and fascinating. Maybe next time I will be bold enough to touch the sea anemone with the little things coming out of the center... :) Next time...