Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 132

So today I looked up at the mountains. I have never been so upset to see the trees changing color. Trust me... I LOVE fall, but I love fall when it is time for fall... and that time is NOT YET! It is not even September yet. The leaves are allowed to start changing at the end of September. End of story. I guess I should start gearing up for a long cold Winter.

This last Sunday was our first Sunday in a real church building for church instead of church on BYU Campus. It was wonderful. I didn't have to hike a mile in heels to get there. Just drove up and walked in. Sat in an actually chapel instead of a classroom. No microphone problems. It was awesome. All the jokes that day was about our "new adventure" in the real building. Love it.

My tongue hurts so bad this week. I think I get this from my dad... where I randomly get these sores on the sides of my tongue. I don't know how to get rid of it and it really does hurt.... like all the time. I'm not sure if it is a deficiency of some kind or what, but I wish I knew what to do to get rid of it. If anyone has any ideas... I'm all ears.

I have enjoyed having my house to myself this week... but I forget how lonely I get though. I like my a lone time, especially when I should be being productive, but I also get lonely really easily. I like having people to talk to.... or just to be there.

Today I was on a cooking kick as soon as I got home from work. I made cake that I couldn't eat for my friend Rich's birthday, I made granola.... it was great. The house smelled great. I forget how much I enjoy cooking... I just never give myself the time to cook. Especially since my parents moved here, because I used to cook and invite people over for dinner on Sunday's... but I should just do it on different days. I will make that a goal this next year.

So because of the Olympics, it had been a while since I went to karaoke night. Josh, his roommate James and I decided it was time to go again. Besides us, we had a completely different group than we usually do. It wasn't like last time where half the people at our table got up to sing.... I didn't even get up this time. Sad, I know. Josh and James did though... and they are a hard act to follow both being comedians and all. Josh did The Thong Song and had everyone laughing. I helped James pick his song. I suggested he do "Copacabana" by Barry Manilow. I thought he was do a funny job at it....and boy did he! He was dancing and singing his heart out so much that he was sweating at the end of the song. He also had all of Applebees laughing and cheering. Seriously.... one of the best things I have seen. It was so funny.... so funny that I was laughing so hard that I was crying. Thinking about it now still makes me laugh. Since Tuesday was such a success, we are going to go again this next Tuesday. Even though we had a big crowd that we got to go, I want to try and get our original crowd back.... because our original karaoke crowd gets a lot more excited. I was like the only one singing and dancing a long to the songs this time. No bueno. ha ha. Can't wait for next week.

Hunger Games is out on DVD. I bought it. Can't wait to watch it again. Love those books and the movie.

End of the summer brings the start of a new school year. People moving in and out and time that I make some new goals (which I also do at the new year in January). I guess I'm really goal oriented. Rich and I have talked a lot about how this is going to be a good year for us. We are going to make it a good year and started coming up with some good goals (including more service). I love having new goals. I feel so much better. I also love cleaning and reorganizing. I think I will start working on that too. Just call me a neat freak that I love that sort of thing. Ha ha. Oh... and speaking of reorganizing... I just heard of this app on your iphone or ipod touch called StyleBook. You can have your wardrobe in this app and it helps pick out outfits for you. Dream come true. I want it. I don't have an iphone or an ipod touch. Sigh. Don't have the app, but it does make me want to go through and organize my closet. Mmmmm maybe this weekend.

2 comments:

Lil Lizzie said...

sad i missed an epic karaoke night :)

jamie hixon said...

I love fall/winter- the sooner the better in good ol' AZ! But I'm sad for you if you are sad.

I'm glad you love cooking. I go in and out of liking it.

You can get prescription stuff for your tongue. Ask the dentist next time you go.

It is funny that most people are starting school now. Because Asher's first quarter is almost over.

Hearing about your karaoke experiences makes me want to start a karaoke night around here. But I probably wont. For many reasons, mostly involving children.