Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Monday, August 6, 2012

Salmon Supper


I love that I have lived in Utah for as long as I have and am still discovering new things that go on here all the time.


A group in my ward got together to go to Payson for the Salmon Supper. It is a fundraiser put on by the Fire Department every year. They charge $15 for a plate and they fly in all the Salmon from Alaska that day. I love Salmon... so I was in.


Since I had never been to this event before, I didn't really know what to expect. I had something else going on that night and I didn't think this would take that long. Just eat and leave right? Well, when we showed up, the first thing I saw was a long line of smokers with lots and lots of salmon on it. This is where my mouth started to water. We then heard the Barber Shop Quartet. I felt like I was at a legit small town event with that going on. Loved it. Great way to walk into an event.


Then I saw the line. It was the longest line for food that I had ever seen in my life. We stood in line for an hour. It was hot and we were hungry. It was worth it though. When you finally got your food, you were served not only the salmon (which was huge.... and amazing) but you also got a roll (that I gave away), a potato (which I also gave away), corn on the cob that was to die for, coleslaw that was also super good and a cookie (that I didn't take). We feasted while we listened to some chick sing every ballad that you would hear when listening to the Delilah radio show. In fact, I started predicting the songs she would sing and I was right. Again, the food was worth it though.


We had a great time and I would for sure go again. I hope for as long as I live in Utah, I continue to find new gems such as this one. :)





3 comments:

A Little Cuppa Tea said...

Looks like a great meal, sad i missed it!

Lori said...

Yummy! I love salmon too! Glad you keep finding new and exciting things to do in Utah :)

jamie hixon said...

I think Salmon is gross, but I would have gone for the other food. And to hear you predict the next song. Ha.