Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Monday, August 27, 2012

Max

So many friends have come and gone out of my life, but it is really interesting to see which ones remain in my life no matter what stage of life we are in or where we are at. About 8 years ago I met Brad, Nate and Steve and at the time... never would have thought we would have stayed in touch all of these years.  I'm so glad that we have though. They mean so much to me.

We have been there for each other through all the life changes.

When Steve got his first job in San Francisco after graduating from college, Nate and I road tripped out to see him.

When my engagement ended, they were there to comfort me on the phone and tell me I was too good for him anyway.

When Brad got engaged, we all got a phone call.

When Brad got married, we were all there.

When Nate got engaged, I was one of the first friends to know.

When I went home to Santa Barbara for a visit, Brad and Steve came to see me.

When Brad and Lauren moved to Newport Beach, we all got a call. We later all met up there for the 4th of July. Also got to be there for Brad's birthday which is the next day.

When Nate got married, Steve and I were there. Brad wanted to be there and couldn't make it out... but we all pitched in on a gift together.

When Nate went to Law School in Arizona, we got together.

I think you get the idea. Well in October Brad and Lauren had a baby girl they named Sofie. I have seen lots of pictures of her, but I have yet to meet her. Hopefully that will happen in the next couple of months when I hopefully go out to Boston to visit Brad and Steve while they are there going to Harvard Business School.

Nate and Emilie have also been on the east coast while Nate was doing an internship and taking the bar in a couple of different states. They had a baby boy, Max, in December that I had not met... until now. Nate and Emilie just recently moved back to Utah because Nate got a job at Adobe. He actually is going to be working with a couple of people that he worked with on our team at Novell. (PS Nate and I worked together at Novell for a few months if you didn't know).

This last Thursday was the day I got to meet Max for the first time (now 8 months) old. I was excited. I know my nieces and nephews that I don't get to see often are a little shy at first with me because they don't see my often. I figured it would be the same with Max. Not at all. I opened the door and gave Nate and Emilie hugs and then Nate told Max to go to Aunt Tracy and he came right to me with a big smile on his face. I loved him right away. How could I not? He looks so much like Nate too. What a cutie.

We all played and talked for an hour or so and then they left. I am happy that Nate and Emilie moved back. I look forward to spending more time with them. I also love that even though Max is not really my nephew, I love that Nate still refers him to me as Aunt Tracy because we are that close of friends. I love it. I treasure these friendships. I'm excited to see what the future brings to our little gang.




4 comments:

Kristy said...

That is awesome that you still are all that good of friends. I don't have many that I keep in touch with like that....maybe 1 or 2. :)

Lynette Mills said...

I wonder if it's because they are guys that you stayed this close. Little max is a cutie

Lori said...

Awwww. How awesome! Little Max is way cute. I have close friends that I call Auntie & Uncle to my kids as well :)

jamie hixon said...

I didn't realize he moved back. That is cool. I'm glad you got to meet that little cutie.