Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 133

There has been a lot of karaoke this week. I went on Friday with a group (mostly girls) to a place in Orem called "Callie's Diner". I sang "I think we're a lone now" by Tiffany. Our group was mostly girls and a couple of guys. One of them I didn't know, but we are not friends. We even hung out tonight. Already decided we are going to be adventure buddies. Other than that, the diner was ghetto and full of.... interesting people. While sitting at the table talking to Joel, I kept seeing this older guy at the other table looking at me. I brushed it off thinking maybe I was just imagining it. When some of our group got up to sing, they asked me if I would video tape it and I said I would. While I was sitting and video taping, that guy came and tapped me on the shoulder and asked me if the guy that was sitting next to me earlier was my husband. Joel? No I said. Then quickly realized I should have said yes, but he then knew I was single. He tells me he thinks I am so beautiful and wants to get to know me. I say thank you and tell him I am video taping... meaning I can't talk. I go back to the table, My new guy friend gave me a hug and I asked him to sit by me and protect me. ha ha. Later I got up to pay and creeper guy came up to me again and tapped me on the shoulder. Asking me for my name, he didn't know my name and just wanted to get to know me. I told him I needed to pay and then he asked me if I was leaving, I said I still needed to sing. I got away again. As we were leaving I thought that I would be able to slip out the door without him noticing, but as I was walking out the door he was motioning me to come over. I pretended like I didn't see. Ugh. Why can't cute normal guys hit on me? I guess I should feel flattered that out of our big group of girls, he picked me out. Wait.... no.... I'm not. Lots of people there got a kick out of it though I think. Applebees karaoke is so much less ghetto. First of all, I had the best salad there. Go figure, I usually am not a fan of their food. Second of all, guy in the green suit showed up again this week. He is always entertaining to watch. He was sitting by himself at a booth. When I asked him why he was a lone he said all of his friends left but he wasn't a lone because he had his teddy bear there with him. Which.... he did. James and Josh also performed again. There was a good crowd that night, but our group was all a little grouchy. I think we just all got there too late. Still a good time though. Best part about karaoke is that you never know what you are going to get.

Saturday I wanted to shop for some decorations. I decided to take the drive up to SLC to go to TJMaxx Home Goods.  It is always taking a chance to go there because you never know what you will find. You could drive all the way up there and come back with nothing. Luckily for me, it was worth the drive. I found a cute rug for the living room that I love AND a new picture of the kitchen. I didn't realize it at the time, but it is actually a real painting signed by the artist. It was originally priced at $350 and then it was marked down when it went to Home Goods and then because of a chipped frame (which my dad easily fixed) I bought it for $50. What a steal! It is HUGE, beautifully framed and a beautiful picture that matches my kitchen perfectly. I bought a few other things there... but I feel like I scored.

Been hanging out with the family a lot up until Monday. It was really fun to have Lori and her kids in town. I always wish I could see my family that lives far away more than I do. It was great to have them here and I am sad that they are gone... but it will not be long until I see them again. I took some pictures  of my sisters boys. I still need to go through and edit them, but I think I got some really cute ones and I can't wait to share them.

Tuesday we had our Relief Society activity. We did a little hike to a waterfall and then rappelled down the waterfall. I was pretty excited about this activity. Allyson and I had been talking about rock climbing and rappelling for a while. Anyway, more girls showed up than I thought and then each girl took a while to get the courage to lean back and go over the edge and only one could go at a time,  so by the time it was getting to my turn and there were still a few that wanted to go and it was getting dark and I needed to be back by 9... well... I didn't get to go sadly. I am hoping Allyson and I will go again so I can do it. I think everyone that went had a great experience though and were really excited that we did that type of activity for Relief Society. That made me happy. I will have to think of more equally exciting activities for the future. :)

Last night I went country dancing after Institute. It was the first time I had gone in like a year and a half. I had not been back since my last date with Dance Crush. It was pretty fun, just because I love dancing. However I mostly just danced with the guys in our own group. They are good and that was fun, but I really was hoping to meet some new guys. Besides the guys in my group, I only got asked to dance by 2 guys. One of them was an older man from Argentina. He wanted to get a lot closer than I wanted to. His hand kept slipping toward my butt and he kept trying to move my hand that was in his hand to on his shoulder. When the dance was over he wanted to dance with me again. THANK GOODNESS it was a line dance song. PS he also had really bad breath. The other guy that asked me to dance I was actually happy about. He was cute. We had nice conversation... but let's be honest, not many guys ask for your number or on a date because they danced with you once. Oh well. I tried.

Speaking of trying to branch out and meet new people... anyone have any cool guys they can set me up on a date with? Seriously.

I'm doing well on my Netflix TV quest. Last I reported I was watching "White Collar". I finished all of those seasons on Netflix. I like it. Yesterday I watched season 1 of Downton Abbey. Today I watched season 2 of Downton Abbey. There has been a lot of hype about it... now I know why. It is a GREAT show. I was totally hooked right away. It was like watching Pride and Prejudice. So great. There were moments in my office where I was crying over the show. So great. Now that I have finished that I am thinking about starting "How I met your mother" because I have had a lot of my friends tell me they like that one. I have not watched tv for so long though, I have so many shows to watch that I don't know where to go next. I have never seen "Prison Break" or "24" or many other popular ones that I feel like I should watch. Guess we will see. Seriously loved Downton Abbey though, it was like watching a really long movie. So good.




5 comments:

Bre said...

was season 2 of downton abbey on netflix?

Tracy Mills said...

No, it wasn't. I got Hulu Plus just to watch it and then cancelled it as soon as I was done.

Holly said...

I love How I Met Your Mother! It's hilarious, you should totally watch it.

Lori said...

It was so good to see you during our visit :) Thanks again for taking pictures of the boys! Sorry you didn't get a turn to repel :( at least you got a hike in right. Billy and I actually watched Prison Break, we got pretty hooked. It started to get pretty gross by the end though. Love you!

jamie hixon said...

We watched the second season on Hulu plus too. Downton Abbey is the bomb. You should look up the Jimmey Kimmel parody he did on his show. It is called "Downton Sixbey" and it is super funny. Also, watch Jim Gaffigan's comedy routine "Mr. Universe"- way hilarious.
Sounds like you are attracting lots of creepers. Watch out, girl. (But it is oddly flattering, huh?)
I'm jealous of the whole family, because you all hung out without me. But I will see you soon!