Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Brrrr !!!!!


This is going on my 10 year living in Utah. Weird. Can you believe it? I can't. Out of all the years I have lived here, I don't think it has ever consistently been this cold. Worst winter ever! I guess it is making up for last winter... which was the warmest winter since I have lived here. Best winter ever!


You know it's cold when you start to think that 20 degrees is warm. Seriously. There was a day last week that was in the 20's and the sun was out and snow was starting to melt off of the mountains and the ice was melting off of the road where we could actually see the road again... the birds were chirping. It was awesome, just in time for it to dump more snow and freeze again. When the temperature is anywhere from -12 degrees to 10 degrees (if you're lucky) It was pretty funny to watch this video. Mean while in California...



Oh.... the life that I used to know. I used to be one of those people. Now... I'm feeling like I don't have to wear gloves or my heavy coat when it reaches 20 degrees outside. Getting the mail and jumping the trash has become a chore. You have to have a debate with yourself whether or not it is even worth it to go outside to do those things. There have been times where I have gone out to the mail in the literally freezing cold and all that we have in the mail box is some adds, or just one piece of mail and I ALWAYS think "oh man, that wasn't even worth coming out here for". ha ha. Pathetic, I know. I'm usually not this lazy... I think that is why I start to get depressed. I don't want to go anywhere or so anything when it is this cold outside. I just want to hibernate in my little fort cocoon for the winter. But alas... I have a job and a life to live. Here's to hoping I survive this freezing winter!


3 comments:

Lil Lizzie said...

I have to give myself a pep talk before I go outside these days :)

Lori said...

We have a very cozy guest room over here :) Love you.

jamie hixon said...

Those icicles look LETHAL.

PS Our weather has been really nice. :)