Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Station 22 Cafe


Normally I don't dedicate a whole blog post to somewhere I have eaten, but I just loved this place that I ate at on Friday.

So, I made a new friend while learning and performing in the Flash Mob. Her name is Alexi. We were dance partners in the first verse of the flash mob. Anyway... the only thing I knew about her was that she could dance and she was really nice. We soon became facebook friends and then I started reading her blog and then we decided we should go to lunch. I love new friends, so I was all about this.


She suggested we go to Station 22 Cafe on Center Street in Provo. I live in Provo and I had never heard of it. Amazing all of the places I have never tried before. So we met there for lunch on Friday. As soon as I walked in, I loved it. I'm all about presentation. The whole place is like Hipster Country. They have "Oh Brother Where Art Thou" music and other types like it play in the background. The guy waiters where flannel and hats with hipster glasses. The girls... something similar. The menu is on like Coffee paper or something that is clipped to a clip board. The drinks and soups are served in cute little jars.


They have unique dishes and flavors. I forget what the soup I got was called, but it was little a sweet curry. My sandwich, well, I asked what was the most popular and I ordered it. What is the most popular sandwich there? The Ratatouille sandwich! I had never even had Ratatouille before (although I had always wanted to try it after watching the Pixar movie) so I was putting my trust in the popularity. It was a good call. It was healthy and delicious and of course cute presentation.


Alexi and I had a fun time chatting and getting to know each other while taking pictures of everything and intagraming. As it turns out... we have lots in common and want to hang out lots more... maybe craft together? So this might be a regular thing. I'm glad that I did the flash mob even though I didn't know many people doing it. It was fun to be in a flashmob, and it was great to make a new friend. Thanks Alexi for a great lunch date!


1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

That sounds rad. I would like to go there the next time I am in town. I have a list of things to do here if you ever come to visit me again.